Pictures What colour/breeds do you think my pony has in her?

HoshikoStarWolf

New User
Visit site
Hey all, I got told by a few people that my cob is a strawberry roan. What do you all think? She has little white hairs on her brown markings. She is 20 so was wondering whether it was just her going gray with age. Would like to see guesses on what breeds you think she has in her too! I got told by a horse whisperer that he thinks she has Hanoverian and Friesian in her which is hard to believe to be honest! Also, she's not bum high, not sure why she looks like that in this photo. TIA!IMG20230428135051~2.jpg

SpotsandBays

Visit site
A Heinz 57 breeding for sure! I’ve got an older pony with unknown breeding too and she’s tough as old boots. Puts my other ones to shame! The greying on her face looks age related, but I’m no colour expert!

MatHalTed

Visit site
She's a Chestnut Tobiano, potentially with the untestable Sabino-like KIT mutation that is often found in cob types (called Blagdon by most in the UK). The 'roaning' is not true roan but normal white ticking which is often caused by Tobiano. Genetically she would be homozygous recessive (ee) for Extension. She Could be any genetic expression of Agouti (E.g AA, Aa or aa) and could be heterozygous or homozygous for Tobiano (NT or TT). :)