What colour gloves?....

miamibear

Visit site
Got some white cotton gloves and just bought a pair of black leather riding gloves.

Which ones for

a) Dressage on Sunday?

b) Showing in 2 weeks?

My jacket is a black show jacket (got a tweed but its too big!) and my jods are cream

Thanks guys

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
You can wear cream/white or any dark colour, although most people wear cream/white for dressage, for showing to be completely correct gloves should always be tan no matter what colour your jacket is (something that was drummed into me in my younger days
laugh.gif
- apparently to wear navy gloves was only something an amateur would do
shocked.gif
)

miamibear

Visit site
Well it is only a very small show, not a posh one so i should get away with black gloves then.

Re : dressage, someone told me the gloves should match the colour of your jods i.e white gloves white jods so would i be better off keeping to black.

Under normal circumstances i would just wear what i had but i have the choice - decisions, decisions!!

Pasha

Visit site
You're right in dressage your gloves should match the colour of your johds but I wouldn't worry too much - I wear my brown leather ones most of the time and a Navy jacket!!

Showing is more strict (Arab showing anyway) and gloves should be brown or tan leather. Saying that, jackets should be Tweed or Navy, so if you're wearing black, black gloves would probably give the best overall look..... I hope you do well, good luck!
smile.gif