What colour jacket for everything on a black sec d?

Ranyhyn

Visit site
I was erring towards tweed as I felt it was right for m+m breeds? But there are very many variations of lovely tweed, so wondering if anyone had any nice suggestions for which colourways to look at?

I always thought black was for men anyway? :(

Walrus

Visit site
Don't get black, it is mainly for men and definitely not or m&ms. I'd get a nice versatile tweed, you can do everything except an evening performance in a tweed and on a welsh it will always be correct. You can get away with loads of different tweed colours on a black. I have brown on my black fell but I also like dark green tweed or even mustard on a black sec d. When I bought mine I looked on websites like mrs candy and le beau cheval for ideas and also looked at m&m showing class photos on equinational photographers to see what I thought looked good.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Yeah I've googled and looked round at photos and a nice dark green looks really smart. Although I personally love the greys. Mustard is a nice idea too. Mainly I need a fair priced jacket that can do the lower level stuff in without needing to change it. I'll take a look at the sites you mention, any other good sites to look on? Would prefer second hand really.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Sorry, I was thinking more of the jumping - I know very little about the showing world.

The dark green/slate grey type tweeds are nice. Can't remember where I last saw one online though, just at a show a while ago.

Walrus

Visit site
For second hand register with the showing forum horse gossip. They have a section there where people advertise clothing for sale and also a wanted section. I looked at all the expensive ones but in the end bought a caldene one from equestrian clearence and have had several compliments on it.