What colour?

Leo Walker

Visit site
So I am now the proud owner of a new carriage. It is a hideous colour so will be going for a respray. I am lucky it is that colour as I think that is the only reason I could afford it. This make and model are more than 8k new which is beyond even my wildest fantasies! But this one is older, and in a really awkward place to get to, and its that colour, so it was affordable, and now its mine and I am very, very lucky!

51446550_10156302402013667_8840364295259684864_n.jpg

51454899_10156302402008667_5673911836810936320_n.jpg

This is me with Leo in the summer. I loved the red and black but not sure it will work with Bobbies colouring.

37656568_10155856574008667_2599902983130972160_n.jpg

This is Bobbie and me last weekend. Shes a sort of bluey/black colour

51701476_10156295699293667_6405613292970049536_n.jpg

So help me pass the time waiting for it to arrive, by deciding what colour to get it done?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I’m reliably informed the reason Black is popular is because they are so much easier to touch up when you bash into things ;)

Personally I see her as a pale blue/turquoise sort of girl ;) I’ll Wait to see the silver to blue faded wheel spokes 😂

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I’m reliably informed the reason Black is popular is because they are so much easier to touch up when you bash into things ;)

Personally I see her as a pale blue/turquoise sort of girl ;) I’ll Wait to see the silver to blue faded wheel spokes 😂

I know nothing about driving but I thought a metallic turquoise would be lovely.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

That's only any good if the driver is wearing sparkly silver with blue sequinso_O

And don't scoff - there was a driver at Great Yorkshire in red sequins last year:eek:

Leo Walker

Visit site
You say this like it’s a problem....some of the scurry and trials lot go pretty bling!

The people who broke Bobbie for me do scurry and Batman and Robin! I'm not going to do fancy dress but I do like bright, sparkly things!

It is a good point about the black. I hit things a lot! Silver to blue fade sounds very nice though! The red wheels on Leos had glitter over the top. I'm thinking some sort of metallic as that hides scratches better than matt. I was stroking someones silver one last weekend but that involves some sort of complicated stripping back to bare metal and sealing which I'm not sure I want to get involved with!

Lammy

Visit site
Black with blue/teal points! Same for the harness, jazzy but smart 😃
On an unrelated note if you ever need someone to sit on the back I’d help out! Not that I really know what I’m doing so could be more of a hindrance 😁

Nudibranch

Visit site
Black. Always! It makes a more complete picture and leaves the horse as the focus. Boring but true. I have black with yellow wheels...you can always have the wheels coloured but black bodywork is the smartest imo.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I think black as it's smart and more versatile.

You can always jazz it up a bit with your own turnout and accessories and harness 😃

ets if you went for black you wouldn't need to recover the cushions 😃 they'd look good.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
You say this like it’s a problem....some of the scurry and trials lot go pretty bling!

The red sequin lady was in the Trade driving class, amongst the Heavy Horses and Brewery Drays. I can't remember what she was driving, maybe a Friesian or Gelderlander, not very heavy. I can only remember the long red sparkly dress, that she was wearing, she looked as if she had wandered out of a Disney film.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Black with blue/teal points! Same for the harness, jazzy but smart 😃
On an unrelated note if you ever need someone to sit on the back I’d help out! Not that I really know what I’m doing so could be more of a hindrance 😁

I always need people! No prior experience necessary but a little bit of common sense and horse experience always helps. Everything is on hold for the next couple of weeks while carriages get swapped about but then I will snap your hands off if you want to come for a drive :) Theres always an open invitation for anyone who wants to come and see what its all about.

I think black with blue/teal is probably the way to go. Lots of people have a sunburst effect on the wheels, so I could go shiny black and metallic blue, then dress the people and pony in matching blue. I really wanted to do hot pink just to wind my instructor up a bit, but I dont actually think it would suit her. So maybe like this but with black instead of silver

blue-chrome-racingstripe+%284%29.JPG

Reactions: JJS

Leo Walker

Visit site

Leo Walker

Visit site
Its referred to in reverent tones as The Bennington, Bennington being the make. I dont think people name carriages other than that though. I hope not. I have a bad track record in naming ponies never mind carriages!

katastrophykat

Visit site
That’s been a little bit butchered colour wise at some point hasn’t it! 🙈
I’d go for the standard midnight blue, looks well smart, and more correct for the vehicle itself, but it’s very much a personal choice.
As for the names, I have
The Bennington’ as I’ve sold the other two benningtons recently so it is currently the only one- it was the ‘little Bennington’ before that.
The Old one is the country vehicle that we have, made in 1918 ish,
The Pony one that comes to pieces- ‘nuff said there I think...
And the new one- to be known as ‘Dont You dare touch that, it was a bloody fortune’ will be coming soon.
I sold all of Gunners carriages with the promise to myself that I’d get him a new one if he
a-comes back into work without putting in a sicknote and
b- stays in ridden work for a year without putting in a sicknote 😂

blodwyn1

Visit site
Please be careful of security, my bennington was stolen never to be seen again and that was all they took! It was obviously a targeted theft. Perhaps keep the yellow colour?