What do do with pony whilst injured?

MissSBird

Visit site
Hey guys

Beginning to get a little concerned.

B has been off work since December. I always give December off as it ends up too hectic to do any sustained work with him. The weather has prevented me riding until now (I got 2 rides in January under the pretense of starting to bring him back but then everything froze up again).

We're now beginning to see signs of spring and a more permanent thaw, and of course I've gone and injured myself. I cracked my ribs this morning so that's approx. 3 weeks out of the saddle.

I've also had a niggling knee injury for a while that I'm finally getting physio for, and my gut instinct is that I'll be told to take time off riding for a while...

I can see his 1 month holiday becoming 3/4 months at the rate I'm going. He's only 7 and I'm worried that this isn't going to do him any good. Or maybe I'm being overly anxious and it'll be fine?

Any ideas what I can maybe do with him for the next 3 weeks, and then possibly further on? I'm not in a financial position to be able to pay for a rider unfortunately, so that idea is already out.

Cadbury's Giant buttons for reading!

GeeUp&Go

Visit site
If you cant ride, pessoaing is a good way to get them going again and getting them fit, and getting the right muscles
Long reining is also good for teaching submission and obedience
Do you know any good teenagers that are good riders? Theyll normally ride for free, and do some jobs!

Good luck