what do I make of this? Confusing horse.

amzy

Visit site
My horse had one of his bad days today, deciding he didn't want to go for a hack on his own so it took a lot of effort to get him away from home and everything was 'scarey'! Anyway, after about half an hour, I noticed he was frothing on his bit and seemed to be listening to me a bit more. Is frothing a good thing and what does it mean? We then proceeded for home and his head went down and we passed the same 'scarey' things without a murmur! Why do they always behave when they know its home time, yet make out they're really frightened on the way out?
confused.gif

squid35

Visit site
frothing at the mouth is a good sign and means that they have sccepted the bit and you contact and that basically he has given to you!

thats why he would be listening to you and why he had dropped his head!

well done you!

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
yep frothing a good sign - they always love going home because it means end of work, food and safety!!! they tend not to spook on the way home - unlike my horse who spooks all the time ( an exception - she has even spun round on the way home before - such a weird girl). Testing you out I shouldn't wonder - well done for getting him where you wanted to go!!