What do Jin Stirrups do? (Are they like freejumps?)

cruising_for_you

Visit site
I'm looking for a pair of stirrups that would just help me a little bit when I loose my stirrup going round jump off corners. I was looking into Freejumps but have just decided that they are too expensive and they wouldn't suit me and my pony (though we jump 1.2ms, we look as common as muck :p ) so I saw the Jin stirrups. People rave on about them but alot say they like them for dressage?
Would the lightness of the stirrup means that my foot is more likely to come back over fences, or come out of the stirrup?
Is it easier or harder to put your heels down?
And I currently have a pair of cheaper flexi stirrups, When I ride in a normal pair for long periods my knees get quite ache-y, would these do this?
Thanks for all your help and sorry for my dim questions, don't want to spend all this money then for them to not work out for me :)

Squiggles on Paper

Visit site
I have both (jin and freejumps) but I had the jin's first and they're really good. they're very grippy so its harder to lose your stirrup and i found it easier to keep my heels down and stay in the saddle. I prefer my freejumps but I really like jin and recommend them :)

flyingfeet

Visit site
I have cheap ebay copies - I quite like them as a bigger footbed than normal which means its harder to loose your stirrup. I wanted them for competing abroad as I decided plastic ones might be dangerous if they snapped, but wanted the low weight.

That said my Flexi plastic royal riders with a cheese grater tread are easier not to lose as they dig in to your boots.

Ginn

Visit site
How do they compare to the likes of Spenger Bow Balance and other flexi irons? Do they have any flex? I really like the idea of the wider footbed but try as I might find anything without flex agony on my feet, ankles and knees...

amage

Visit site
I have the Jin ones...find them excellent due to the grippy footbed but would avoid the cheap copies. Far and away the best solution to your problem though....a month with no stirrups!

Jesstickle

Visit site
Oh blimey, I said that out loud didn't I?! ;)

You'll be relieved to know I've put the silver ones on watch.

So did I. even though I also liked the bright blue ones and the black ones. But then I came over all boring and decided I could really only have silver ones. Aren't I just a barrel of laughs? :p

Daytona

Visit site
I think the price difference is minimal between free jump and Jin

So you'd be better saving a little longer and getting freejump, I've not lost my stirrups once since getting a pair - defo worth the money

lucemoose

Visit site
I've had most of the colours! My own pair are the pink stripes ones haha!! Search amidale on ebay, I love the foot bed but I do also have royal riders so hate normal stirrups now