What do we think he is, and what show classes ?

Cobsndogs

Visit site
Lloyd arrived last year, passport says 'cob type', and this is what he looks like to me (bearing in mind my first 'cob type' experience), so I am wondering what everyone else thinks about what could be in there ?, and also if I decided to do some shows (maybe), what could he do ? My showing has been limited to veterans or palominos, which both fit very clearly into 'old or gold' categories.
281y635.jpg
33c0v0k.jpg

jodie3

Visit site
Ridden cob, working cob, RC horse?

He is a handsome chap but if you did want to show him as a cob he would need his feathers and mane off.

Dressage?

I love your stable yard, it looks like it has an interesting history!

Cobsndogs

Visit site
Were they full feathers before you clipped them off?

I'm not sure with the whole cob thing. Only got him in July and previous owner had clipped them to sell him, and then I took what had grown off again at the beginning of October, by that time they were about 3-4 inches long and really thick and tufty, so no idea how long would really grow, and I pulled and trimmed the mane before starting to grow it again. But he looked so odd and knobbly all clipped. Also he has mainly pink skin and when wet, you can see grey patches on him that aren't visible when dry.

binkymerlin

Visit site
sorry to disagree guys but my curiosity would get the better of me and i would grow his main,tail and feathers out to 'see' what he would look like< i bet a hairy unicorn (but im a flake lol) then i would trim him up and hogg him to see how he 'looked' then :-D i am a curious soul. i can just imagine him persil white all hair a swishing.

Janette

Visit site
Having grown a mane out from a hog to it's max length - there is no way on earth I would ever hog, 'just to see'...... either brush it flat and over then plaster it with gel OR do a running plait down the neck to get the mane out of the way.

Same with the feather. A full set takes more than 6 months to grow so just clipping them off out of curiousity ....... (shudders). Gel them and bandage to get them flat. Tail as well to try for a 'neat and tidy' look.

maisieblu

Visit site
I just wonder...if you can see grey patches when he is wet it could be that he is a historic coloured,that is when he was born he had visible patches which fade totally when older. Unless you know any of his breeding you may not ever know for certain. Would be able to enter coloured classes then tho!! He looks such a sweetie!

**Vanner**

Visit site
I have posted once but it got lost in the ether!

He looks a lovely sort but looks like he would be more native than traditional - does he have a high knee action?

I personally think for showing he would be better hogged and feathers off - although the thought makes me shudder! - not sure he really classes as vanner type.

if you don't want to show and just do dressage/jumping leave them and do a running plait.