What Do You Do if Your Saddle Starts Slipping Badly.........? LOL

JAK

Visit site
Do you:

a) Slow down, stop, get off & adjust it?

or

b) Err, just keep going.......!?!
shocked.gif

Notice how the 'trained lump' just carries on regardless, completely unperturbed - CB as 'stunt horse' maybe?
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
I think the fact that MD is ever so slightly mental has helped CB gain a lot of confidence, as she has 'trained' him to not only put up with but actually enjoy all kinds of weird behaviour & he will tolerate & accept almost anything from her now!
laugh.gif

She is constantly being told off for sliding off his bottom, riding him backwards, standing on him, practising cavalry charges, sticking England flags in his bridle, etc., etc. - the list is endless really!

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He is a star, Thanks that really made me smile
xx

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why we put up with the more cretinous side of his nature, as he can also be quite adorable, endearing & sensible a lot of the time & his violent temper tantrums are definitely lessening, I think!

It's amazing though, you can (well MD can!) do the most bizarre & ridiculous things with him & he'll be absolutely fine but make one tiny 'error' over food for example & he'll nail you in a heartbeat!

M_G

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
make one tiny 'error' over food for example & he'll nail you in a heartbeat!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that is unforgiveable (sp) (on your part) you cant mess with a Cob's food and expect them to be happy about it lol
x

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
oh that made me laugh!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Dippy child had to get off & sort it out eventually of course but bloody-minded as she is, she just couldn't resist giving it a go in the saddle, even though it was a clearly hopeless situation! LOL

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

She is constantly being told off for sliding off his bottom, riding him backwards, standing on him, practising cavalry charges, sticking England flags in his bridle, etc., etc. - the list is endless really!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh to be young again!!! I bet she also practises sidesaddle, walks underneath him, aeroplanes etc and from what I can see he loves it all!!

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
...you cant mess with a Cob's food and expect them to be happy about it lol

[/ QUOTE ]
He damn near had her the other day & what was the terrible 'error of judgement'? We had done the stables in a rush before school & didn't have time to fill the Snak-a-Balls & stupidly fetched it out, filled it & put it back whilst he was tied outside!
He threw a complete mard, as he presumably thought he was 'going to bed' or something & the sight of food brought the 'red mist' down & in a split second, his foot came crashing down with a violent stamp & then out in a well-aimed kick, missing her by a centimetre!

With her lightening reflexes, honed by years of doing martial arts, lol, she booted him straight back, which I'm sure will horrify most of you dear readers but he got the message instantly at least that 'We don't allow that, don't do it again!'
(He does actually have a rather nasty reputation as far as food is concerned, so there's no niceties there I'm afraid!
shocked.gif
)
Admittedly, knowinhg him, we made a mistake & put him in an awkward position but his reaction was completely OTT & quite intolerable I think, the naughty boy!

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Fantastic JAK! MD could ride under the horse for a change...

[/ QUOTE ]
On occasions, when his saddle's slipped badly enough.......she has!
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh to be young again!!! I bet she also practises sidesaddle, walks underneath him, aeroplanes etc and from what I can see he loves it all!!

[/ QUOTE ]
You know her then? LOL

Only time I got really panicked was when I looked across at school to see all 3 ponies heading hell for leather straight down the middle!
Flew across squawking "Don't even think about it.......!" as MD is sat on her vastly over-excited, plunging, snorting, cob thing, reins in one hand, stick in the other, pointing at the short side of the school & shouting instructions to her sisters, clearly lining them up for another go!

This is despite the fact that her pony looks as if any relaxation of the vice like grip she has him in as he spins wildly on the spot will have him pinging into the next county, Fat Orange One is now only moving sideways & practically has steam coming out of his nostrils & poor helpless littlest disabled daughter (who can't even canter by herself!), is clutching the front of her saddle, with apparently no reins whatsoever & is simply relying on LBO to keep running straight!
shocked.gif

That game was brought to a very swift end!

jinglejoys

Visit site
The first time I took Sarah-lee out on a fun ride we got to a steep hill and a few yards down the saddle just started slowly "undressing " itself over her head (She has no withers)
She stopped,turned sideways and clearly said "Now get off you twerp and put it on properly"
I did but I led her down the rest of the way and the next ride I got myself some breeching made for her!
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh how coolll
grin.gif

Wish I was younger and carefree

[/ QUOTE ]
.......or a complete wally like MD! LOL (Talk about a lost cause but sadly the child is as obstinate as her pony, so she just had to try!)
grin.gif