What do you do with your Rosettes ??

dsophiea

Visit site
mine are hung on strings in my bedroom
smile.gif

DiamondSR

Visit site
I hang them long the top of the mirror/pictures in the sitting room. Although OH keeps saying they must come down soon, so need to find a new home for them!

bailey14

Visit site
I have owned six horses now although I never competed the first one. I have a cork board for each horse, and they are up the loft, with only the last horse and my present horse on display on cork boards in my bedroom. It is suprising how quickly you accumulate them, not just by placing I might add, but clear round rossettes from XC and SJ rounds, and rosettes from pleasure rides, etc.

CleverHorses

Visit site
mine live in my bedroom for 6 months and then if they are really special go in a box then the others get thrown away.

Nickijem

Visit site
I've NEVER thrown away a rosette! They are rare enough for me.
grin.gif

The ones from my present horse (that's 4) are on the top of the dresser in the dining room. Older rosettes from when I was a kid are in my study.

Kenzo

Visit site
blush.gif
stuffed in a few tesco carrier bags back at my dads house
blush.gif
some in the glove box of my car, some in someone elses horse box and a few at home
grin.gif

dopeesophee

Visit site
all of mine get pinned up for the season

at the end of the season they get taken down and put in a box, then the new seasons rosettes go up

however ive only won one rosette this season so far... so have kept up all the other rosettes :L:L

x

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My favourites (1st/2nd, and BE ones) are hung on a string of fairy lights in my sitting room
cool.gif

All the rest are strung on lengths of wire going up the stairs!

Kayfm

Visit site
Ouch ! I cant believe people throw away their rosettes or dont worry what happens too them. Especially after all the hard work and time involved in winning them. I have kept all of mine which are in a box. It is my horsey life in a box as some are dated back as far as the seventies !! Yes i said seventies. Wouldnt part with any of them for the world even though i dont look at them much
grin.gif

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
my (two) rosettes are on the welsh dresser in the dining room, attached to my little numbers... with my bestest writing on the back saying what they were for... i'm soooo proud of my rosettes!

as a child, i had tonnes of them, and i didn't appreciate them at all... just dumped them in a heap in the tack room. after a 12yr break from riding, they are now prized posessions...
laugh.gif

Hippona

Visit site
Keep 'em all...sadly I dont get that many as I play second fiddle to daughter!

Daughter hangs hers up on strings in her bedroom....I box them away every year and save them.

Bit sad really...we write on the back the date/class/pony etc...she also has a book to record her shows/places etc with photos in......wish I'd have had one when I was young, I think she'll really appreciate it when she's older.
grin.gif

Brontie

Visit site
I dont have any, But I would imagine theyld be displayed in the living room for a while and then taken upstairs to my room.

Nick.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
I've got a little bookcase built into an alcove in the living room to make use of an odd space, and I keep all my horsey books on those shelves and pin my rosettes along the shelf beneath.
smile.gif
There's also a picture of the beasty there with our one and only medal pinned underneath it - it's like a little shrine, lol!
blush.gif

I've also got a nice big red 1st place one pinned next to my PC at work, alongside her picture.

Kayfm

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
my (two) rosettes are on the welsh dresser in the dining room, attached to my little numbers... with my bestest writing on the back saying what they were for... i'm soooo proud of my rosettes!
grin.gif
grin.gif

<font color="red"> </font> Are bless, you keep it up, these are the first two of many more to come - well done x

trotonsir

Visit site
I still have my first rosettes dating back to the 80's...

I have sneaked a few pictures of us jumping into the lounge and my 5 year old son always asks for any rosettes when I get home from a show and he very carefully puts them up.

I have kept a show book for years too, makes a good read every now &amp; then when you need a boost!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Mine are scattered about everywhere. I have a box full of them in the porch and a lot pinned up in my hay store with further boxes of them underneath waiting to go up (which TBH, I know I'll never get round to). I do keep the odd extra special rossette pinned up in my bedroom though. After about 18 years of competing every weekend (well pretty much) and several horses, you end up with a hell of a lot of rossettes!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
ours were on strings in the downstairs loo but have now decorated!

Am going to try one of the ideas from a previous post, you can get pieces of rigid weldmesh wiht small holes in it approx 1m x1m and then hook the rosettes in the holes then you can hang wherever.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Mine are hung up in the bedroom where I gaze fondly at them from time to time...

I never throw them away, I've got few enough as it is!

Janette

Visit site
Pinned up in the kitchen and gloated over (by me) regularly. I am so proud of them and they are so pretty. We worked hard to get them!

Lill

Visit site
My old SJing ones 1st-3rd are on a cork board the rest in carrier bag under bed...

I have one 1st and one championship one randomly attached to a painting downstairs and the rest of the placings from dressage RC etc all in carrier bags under bed or randomly placed around the house
blush.gif

Must sort out somewhere to put them this summer!!
grin.gif

The only one's i've thrown away were little clear round ones.

My more recent SJing ones are in the lorry still
grin.gif

Taffster

Visit site
I used to put mine in the wagon until i sold it, now they are in bin liners sashes in one rosettes in the other in my cellar. I have started giving them to the jockey now as she appreciates them mor - she got a lovely sash last weekend it is probably taking prid of place on her living room wall. Both my lounge and her lounge are like shrines to the god damn pony cluttered with photos!

_April_

Visit site
All my old ones are in the loft
smile.gif

Current ones are lying in the boot of my car - when we move house - hopefully in 3 weeks! - I think I might try and display some of the prettiest ones in the living room with her trophies.

humblepie

Visit site
Mine go back to the 1960s and I still have them all in plastic under the bed type bags but in the loft. The really important ones are on display round and about the house such as a clear round from Hickstead which despite being a clear round only warm up was at the time the biggest class I had ever jumped .... and actually we got 4 faults but the nice man gave me the rosette anyway!.. Now have some proper Hickstead/RIHS rosettes but that 4 fault clear round one will always be special.