What do you feed your eventers!!??

Hels_Bells

Visit site
Not sure if this is better in CR or SY but...

My guy has been on baileys conditioning cubes, baileys racehorse mix, power and performance and staypower plus oats in the past with and without various balancers, red cell etc but often lacks sparkle. Wondering what others feed to get some new ideas!!?

Hels_Bells

Visit site
Mnm it's most of the time really!!

4x4 have tried red cell and didn't really notice any difference.

Also have to say that power and perf sent him loopy rather than a bit more sparky!!

milo'n'molly

Visit site
did you manage to get him drinking properly?
A friend uses power and performace but not at the rec amount due to loopynes and makes the rest up with a balancer.
Someone else had a similar prob and took ages to sort out but they got the forage analysed and fed vits appopriatley because her hay had less something (sorry not helpfull but cant remember) than would be expected

Hels_Bells

Visit site
hi i have a 9yr old tb competing at be novice and a 5yr old warmblood competing at be 100 both are fed .......grass .......nothing else

What I (and my wallet) wouldn't give for a horse that I could do this with.. I have tried with Remy but sadly he just doesn't have enough energy and oomph to event on a grass only diet :(

Thanks mnm - I have manged to get him drinking better by bringing good old trough water to events with us!! :D

Hels_Bells

Visit site
Any other suggestions...???Someone in CR suggested equi jewel but am concerned he may gain weight on it and as he's "just right" at mo I would like to try and maintain rather than gain!!