what do you feed your horse?

Malibu

Visit site
i was just wondering what veryone feeds thier horses? What brands do you like and prefer, what feeds have you found are the answer to all your problems?

Just wondering really as so much to buy on the market that i was curious as to who you chose and why?
grin.gif

Frazer

Visit site
I love dodsen and horrel, and they give you any adivce you need. However at the yard I am at, at the moment they wont feed this so im on baileys, i feed (for my tb poor doer), baileys top line conditioning mix, no.1 mix, chaff, barely os and then some carrots! But when i move yards in about 2 weeks, will go straight back to D and H

pottamus

Visit site
I feed Dengie Hi Fi Lite - two small handfuls, 1 scoop of Benevit supplement and some carrots once per day! He is a native so no hard feed at all!

piaffe

Visit site
My boy has Alfafa A, badminton dressage mix and topspec balancer (which he only started 2 days ago.

My fave brand has to be Dobson and horrel. love their pasture mix it smells divine and i love the look of it too.
grin.gif

lizlew

Visit site
I feed hi-fi lite and baileys lo-cal, she has tiger oats when her work load increases. The youngster has baileys stud balancer, I love baileys!!!!!

moodymare1987

Visit site
i feed mine sugarbeet, alfa a, and topspec calm and condition, how long does everyone elses alfa a last them?? how much do you give your horses. mine goes nowhere, has two feeds a day and if im lucky lasts 2 weeks, but saying that my old pony didnt have much as she was a good doer so its just me a bit of a shock going getting feed all the time

_daisy_

Visit site
got to be Dodson & Horrel and Dengie. use Mare and Youngstock mix for Ebi & willow, Yearling cubes & Pasture mix for Chantin and Leisure mix for the ponies. They seem a really nice mix and not had one of mine turn their noses up at them.

Nari

Visit site
8yo ID in light/medium work - Happy Hoof, Tiger Oats, LucieBix, Baileys Outshine.

2yo Sec D - cheap cool mix, Happy Hoof, LucieBix

Both also get a gen vit & min supplement (ID at half rate) & the ID gets a hoof supplement & calmer.

The ID is noticably calmer on a high oil diet (Outshine & Tiger Oats) but won't eat his feed if I've poured oil in it. I can't feed him mixes because he reacts badly to barley (not nice to ride or handle on even small amounts) & I have doubts about some of the other ingredients too. He's also quite a fussy eater so when I find something he likes & doesn't blow his mind then I stick with it!

eventingdiva

Visit site
retired 14.2 pony - happy hoof twice a day and a handful of horse and pony nuts
16h mare in foal - hi-fi and nuts twice a day atm, will obviously change though with her in her condition!
16h youngish mare in medium/hard work - 3/4 kilo build up mix (D&H)and 1/2 kilo alfa a twice a day
16.2h dressage pony - about 1/3 kilo pasture mix (D&H) and hi fi twice a day x

KatB

Visit site
Well out of choice feed allen and page, but because of shortage of suppliers, feed D+H fibergy, and staypower cubes at the mo, when can sort a stockist out, will feed Allen and Paige sustain, and prob Alfa A over the winter.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Not feeding anything ATM but I will feed Dengie (Good Doer or Hifi Lite), Baileys mixes, and Speedibeet.

I don't like other mixes - he gets on well with Baileys and I find there's such variation between brands that I'm sticking with one I know now.

Really like Dengie feeds, despite someone from a fairly well known feed supplement company telling me that Dengie were "on to a winner, selling people dried grass for extortionate amounts", then saying that we were all being conned!!!!!!!!
shocked.gif