What do you feed your thoroughbred in medium work ?

eventing09

Visit site
As title really.
laugh.gif

rlhnlk

Visit site
blue chip pro and dynamic, sugarbeet and haylage. Mixes go straight to her head but this combo keeps her relatively quiet and she does not have prominent ribs this year!!!:) She also has enough go for a days competing

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
stubbs scoop alfa a ,stubbs scoop of saracen enduro100 and 1/2 scoop top spec conditioning flakes morning and evening,big haynet over night which he doesn't finish and a brick.

eventing09

Visit site
Yeahh mines a pretty good doer aswell.
I was told once before though thoroughbreds need alot more hard feed than the normal riding horse because of them needing it for warmth or something like that. Is this right ?

jumptoit

Visit site
2 small scoops leisure mix and 1 herbal mix plus ad lib haylage.

My part TB who is a good doer gets 1/2 scoop leisure mix.

Both twice daily.

summertoots

Visit site
Morning - 1/4 scoop conditioning cubes, 1 scoop Hi-Fi, dollop of sugar beet, and a big dollop of fibre beet.
Has add lid haylage all day
Night- 1/2 scoop con cubes, big scoop hi-fi, very big dollop of fibre beet, dollop of sugar beet.
Over night, add lib haylage.
My lad drops weight quickly and costs a fortune to keep.
But he is only in light work.

bushbaby28

Visit site
2 1/2 scoops of spillers horse and pony cubes, 2 large scoops of dengie and scoop of ride and relax. He hots up on everything else i've tried but is skinny
frown.gif
Hoping now grass is coming through he'll start putting some on.

swellhillcottage

Visit site
2/3 rds scoop spillers conditioning cubes 1/3rd pasture mix glug of oil am/pm- ad lib hayage and daytime turnout on reasonable grass and he is ridden 5 times a week Schooling jumping and competing which is nearly hard work methinks !!
Good doer that ran up lite after chrimbo .

Sharonxx

JenniferB

Visit site
I'm assuming medium work to be what mine does - ridden at least 6 days out of 7, of which 5 days will e 'proper' work schooling or jumping, the other day a play on the gallops or a hack, competing BSJA and a bit of dressage etc.

He gets a heaped scoop of Readigrass, a scoop of beet pulp and half a scoop of Spillers Power Cubes (racehorse cubes
blush.gif
) twice a day, and as much haylage as he'll eat. He looks fab at the moment (See my pic from Rowallan posted last week!) but he's bever been a typical thoroughbred type for weight - must be the Irish in him!

diggerbez

Visit site
my tb has 1x scoop of calm and condition and 1x scoop of alfa a- split between his 2 feeds. he's only in light work but unless i was going to go round badminton on him this would give him enough energy. he's always been fairly skinny no matter what i feed him but he does have ad lib haylage. he has LOTS of energy so wouldn't want to give him more hard feed.....

fuzz

Visit site
My sisters tb gets 1x scoop of top spec cool conditioning cubes, 500g of top spec feed balancer, 1/2 scoop of alpha beet and 2 or 3 squirts of soya oil, spilt between 2 feeds. She also gets ad lib haylage at night. Helps to keep her condition good, without making her any more fizzy than she already was.