What do you feed?

doodle

Visit site
Once a day half a scoop of spillers conditioning fiber and formula4feet. He dosnt need conditioning anything but he has decided it is the only thing he eats! Ad lib hay overnight in winter and as much hay as he can cram down his throat in the couple of hours he is in in the summer.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Younger horse gets a about a mug of pink mash and a double handful of molasses free chaff plus salt and Pro earth balancer twice a day.

My old boy (25) who’s still ridden 3-4 times a week I’m tweaking his feed about at the moment I’ve just added Saracen Relieve he also had pink mash, grass nuts, extra micronised linseed, salt, balancer, Buteless and Easy breathing supplements twice a day. He’s losing top line and it’s been drought conditions here until this week so we’ve little or no grass.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Mine all have varying amounts of Honey chop lite and healthy.
mainly to put supplements and salt into. One has literally a handful of nuts in because he seems not to understand chaff, I’m weaning him into it! (Recent ex racer)
I agree they don’t comprehend the “I worked well so got this feed” but equally I kind of understand the wanting to give a feed of some sort to keep things sweet! Mine come in to get a feed, they don’t need it (hence it only been low cal chaff) but it keeps them all coming to call and easy to catch etc!

ibannister

New User
Visit site
If anyone would like to help out in some research regarding feeding, myself and a colleague at University Centre Askham Bryan in York are currently undertaking a research project which is investigating buying behaviour in relation to equine feed.

Please can you spare five minutes to complete our survey:

https://forms.gle/wj1LTioFAHTZS7sA7