What do you love that others hate

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Salt liquorice - it's a Scandinavian thing and a somewhat acquired taste. I've yet to meet a Brit that likes it.

Pickles/gherkins - yummy!

Hacking on my own - so much more pleasant than having to go with someone else (Apologies, I'm aware I am antisocial!)

I like salmiakki, too. Whenever I go to Ikea (once every 18 months, or so), I buy a bag of it. You might want to try Salmiakki Koskenkorva... salty liquorice vodka.

And everything pickled: gherkins, cucumbers, cabbage, cauliflower, onions, eggs, beetroots, (OK, pickled melon isn't so great).

Littlefloof

Visit site
I like salmiakki, too. Whenever I go to Ikea (once every 18 months, or so), I buy a bag of it. You might want to try Salmiakki Koskenkorva... salty liquorice vodka.

And everything pickled: gherkins, cucumbers, cabbage, cauliflower, onions, eggs, beetroots, (OK, pickled melon isn't so great).

I also like salt liquorice and brown cheese, though not together.

Griffin

Visit site
Mares
Cavesson nosebands
Schooling
Letting horses get muddy- they're being horses and I enjoy grooming
Cleaning tack

twiggy2

Visit site
My house dogs have strict rules, I like that, no jumping up, but when it comes to the working collies we have, I love that they all come at me at a million miles per hour and jump up for cuddles.
They jump up, lean in and give you a proper hug, I love that these working dogs love to cuddle, yes it's muddy and sometimes the boys nearly knock me off my feet with their enthusiasm, hey ho nothing like a doggy cuddle and they can't come on the sofa for one.

Keith_Beef

Visit site
Oh, I've just thought of another...

Working with bone and antler.

Everybody else complains of the stink of burning hair (especially when I'm sanding or cutting a piece of antler). The smell reminds me of singing the hairs off a piece of pork, so it reminds me of roast pork and crackling.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Oh, I've just thought of another...

Working with bone and antler.

Everybody else complains of the stink of burning hair (especially when I'm sanding or cutting a piece of antler). The smell reminds me of singing the hairs off a piece of pork, so it reminds me of roast pork and crackling.

What do you do with the bone & antler?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Salt liquorice - it's a Scandinavian thing and a somewhat acquired taste. I've yet to meet a Brit that likes it.

Pickles/gherkins - yummy!

Hacking on my own - so much more pleasant than having to go with someone else (Apologies, I'm aware I am antisocial!)

Oh yes, all of those too!

tiahatti

Visit site
Marzipan. One of my favourite foods. I can't understand why others don't like it. I also like sherry. No one else drinks it that I know.

Hollychops

Visit site
Basically anything equine, be it shovelling sh1t, cleaning water buckets, trudging after run away ponies or the riding, i love it all.
Have a bit of a 'thing' for gingers
PC Crisps
Peanut Butter M&Ms or Reeces Pieces
the feeling you get when you have sorted out the tack/feed room/barn etc and its all tidy and neat looking...even though you know it wont last :)
Ditto the housework

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I love my synthetic bridle and also have a synthetic saddle. Love that if the bridle gets muddy or wet it goes in the washing machine

Clipping and mucking out. I also prefer filling haynets to poo picking (my most hated job)

White chocolate

Kinder eggs even though I am not a child

Re the person who said clencher brow bands I have a silver one on the above mentioned synthetic bridle

The crackling off pork and the fat (if crispy) off bacon. It always appalls oh and his family that I eat it as it's fat Tough it is the best bit!!

Watching football (lots of women don't!)

Baths while reading a book. Has to be a lovely hot bath though!

If I couldn't drink cups of tea especially in the morning I'd be more psycho than I am already!

pansymouse

Visit site
Tidying up (anything, anywhere - I fold clothes in shops...)

Marzipan

Rich fruit cake (with marzipan even better but no icing)

Gerkins and pickles in general

Stand-offish horses - I'm not a horse cuddler

Sweeping up

The weird foreign sweets people bring into work from their holidays

oldie48

Visit site
Bananas on hot buttered toast
sitting in bed with a hot water bottle reading a good book (cold weather only)
snuggling Stanley even when he smells a bit of fox poo
Being on my own for a couple of days, not bothering to cook, drinking red wine with nutty dark chocolate and talking on the phone to friends for hours without anyone listening
Bling and matchy matchy now I have a black horse and am old and don't care!
eating crunchy peanut butter out of the jar
Life!The older I get the more i appreciate it.

Keith_Beef

Visit site
this is supposed to be what you love but what everybody else hates...

Bananas on hot buttered toast
Who could hate that?
sitting in bed with a hot water bottle reading a good book (cold weather only)
Who could hate that?
Being on my own for a couple of days, not bothering to cook, drinking red wine with nutty dark chocolate and talking on the phone to friends for hours without anyone listening
Who could hate that?
eating crunchy peanut butter out of the jar
Who could hate that?