what do you make of this??

xXxTraversxXx

Visit site
Okay, so some of you may have realised by now Im posting again!!! I was speaking to my mum about maybe getting a pony
grin.gif
. Now, my dad has now started having a pay rise and we can now just about afford one (on a budget of course, we haven't won the lottery or anything
crazy.gif
) and she said that we should have this conversation in 3 months time, when its definite my dad is keeping his job and when shes less busy!! But shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So, what would you lot make of that? Does she mean, no never in a million years why are you even asking its obvious that its a no, or a mmmmmmmmm yes that sounds pheasable lets give it a while though(sp?) ???

How should I approach this?? Thankies, I just had to tell someone!!!!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Erm, I would keep it shut for a while, wait until your dad has his situation stable and also, in 3 monthes time we will be in the very core of winter, freezing temperatures and generally not the time to be buying a horse. Wait until the spring and bring up the subject again
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Keep nagging... only kidding!

Just arrange a date when you can talk about it and keep your eyes on what is for sale! Don't mither too much, after all, you said your Dad needs to make sure his job is secure

MagicMelon

Visit site
If I were you Id keep trying to impress your family by showing how responsible you are! ie. go to your local yard and help out as much as you can etc.! So your parents know its not a passing phase.

But I wouldn't go on about it since obviously the finances need to be there which can't be hurried. Just try to gain as much experience as possible in the next 3 months.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I agree with <span style="color:red"> Melon </span> , don't hassle your parents, the last thing they will want at the moment is you pressing them to spend money at a time when there is a question over your Dad's job.

Get down to your local yard &amp; put the hours in all weathers &amp; impress your parents with your commitment to looking after a horse.

<span style="color:red"> Rosiie </span> is right, horses can be cheaper in the autumn but the cost of keeping them over the winter is the hidden cost. It's harder to work them throughout the winter if you haven't got a menage/indor school. Leave it until the spring &amp; in the meantime hopefully your Dad's employment will be more stable &amp; you will also have some idea about the size/type of horse you want.

Good Luck <span style="color:red"> </span>
smile.gif