What do you pay for full livery

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I don't, but yard not far charges 800pcm.
That's all care, std feeds, ad lib hay or haylage, bedded on shavings, groomed, on horse walker at least 3 x a week, turnout daily all year round, tho in worst of winter it might be half day out.
Decent 70 x 30 outdoor arena and cool down track through wooded area and past fields.
Also inc is clipping, holding for vet and farrier.
Extras is being ridden by the pro, or can top up to 950pcm and have horse ridden twice a week by pro on flat or jumped.
I don't think that's bad price really to just rock up and ride, they can have horse ready and waiting tacked up if asked..... but then I'd question why the owner has a horse....

Goldenstar

Visit site
I don't, but yard not far charges 800pcm.
That's all care, std feeds, ad lib hay or haylage, bedded on shavings, groomed, on horse walker at least 3 x a week, turnout daily all year round, tho in worst of winter it might be half day out.
Decent 70 x 30 outdoor arena and cool down track through wooded area and past fields.
Also inc is clipping, holding for vet and farrier.
Extras is being ridden by the pro, or can top up to 950pcm and have horse ridden twice a week by pro on flat or jumped.
I don't think that's bad price really to just rock up and ride, they can have horse ready and waiting tacked up if asked..... but then I'd question why the owner has a horse....

after the day I have had that sounds very tempting

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
£525pm, includes all care, holding for vet/farrier and daily turnout, 1 x shavings per week (I buy an extra 2 per month). I buy my own feed and supplements.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
475pcm.
We have a great set up. The farm is 130acres so we have all year round turnout but only about 4 hours per day in winter. There's a farm ride, 2 indoor schools and two outdoors and an extra school for the liveries, and we have a round pen too. They make haylage so no extra cost there, just extra for shavings (1 bale per week is included). The horses are very well treated. The staff will bring in for us early if we need and they do extra checks on anything undergoing treatment. (Eg daily walk up and trot up if anything looks unlevel). Vet visits weekly, EDT monthly, theraplate monthly, farriers a couple of times a week and Spillers visit with a weigh bridge every 6 months. Holding for any services is done for you if you let them know the day before and you can pay to get horses schooled and exercised. Staff live on site but it's a busy yard; approx 100 horses in total, only about 30 are livery.

We have to stick to a vaccination schedule and worming is possibly a little more often than needed (every 3 months). I'm very lucky and have a very happy horse.

gingergreg

Visit site
£100pw, ad-lib hay/haylage, good sized bed, rug changes, putting on walker, feet picked but not a full groom. Beautiful indoor and outdoor with farm ride and amazing hacking. Absolute bargain!! I’d go back in a heartbeat

ecb89

Visit site
£545 a month. This includes straw, ad-lib hay, wide variety of feeds, 2 x large schools, lunging pen, horse walker, solarium, hot water shower, jumps, showjumping paddock, xc fences.
Horses are turned out every day, hard standing in winter, and put on the walker every day.
I buy my own supplements.
Grooming, schooling and tack cleaning is offered for a cost

Greylegs

Visit site
Flippin’ ‘eck I hope my YM doesn’t read this thread!!! .......

I pay £450 pcm for all feed (YM orders whatever you want), hay, turn out, all jobs done, 6 bales of shavings per month (I never buy extras). We have a nice out door school, a couple of hundred acres of farm rides to hack on and plenty of turn out.

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
Flippin’ ‘eck I hope my YM doesn’t read this thread!!! .......

I pay £450 pcm for all feed (YM orders whatever you want), hay, turn out, all jobs done, 6 bales of shavings per month (I never buy extras). We have a nice out door school, a couple of hundred acres of farm rides to hack on and plenty of turn out.
Blimey that’s a good deal

Pollyrocket19

New User
Visit site
€120 per week

Ridden 6 days a week by professional dressage rider but work is varied (not just going around in circles but hacked and jumped too)
Feed twice a day (if required- my mare is a bit on the porky side atm)
Adlib hay
Daily turn out (my mare is still out overnight too)
As much shavings as you want
Two outdoor arenas
Okay hacking in the area but can ride in fields when the weather is good
Daily groom and feet picked out
Competed by said professional and brought to shows.
Will clip if needed too (I like doing it myself)

I’m 4 months pregnant and living an hour and a half away so this is ideal at the moment as I want my mare kept going while I can’t 🤣 before that I was doing 5 days riding and competing myself.

Greylegs

Visit site
Blimey that’s a good deal

I know!! I will have been there 3 years in January and bracing myself for a price rise to be honest. The other good part is that it’s literally a few hundred yards from my house as well. I’d be gutted if I had to move.

Green Bean

Visit site
I have 5 day livery for £412 - extra £20 per week if full livery. 2 bales of shavings per week, ad lib hay and HiFi - I use other feed, not the one offered as part of the livery. Year round grass turnout, lovely American barn stables so nice and dry in winter. Outdoor school, hacking track around paddocks, direct access to a bridleway but not really usable in winter as it gets very deep and muddy. Worming testing is done regularly which is extra depending on what shows up. No walker. YM will ride for a cost - around £15. Trailer parking is £15 per month. Feet picking and rugging is included, no additional grooming. Will treat minor injuries and administer bute (at cost) if required. Without worming, but with additional food bought, my bill averages around £500 per month. There is a shop at the yard so items can be ordered via them to save going out and purchasing or ordering elsewhere.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Basic full livery is £100 p/w. Includes all feed, hay/haylage, bedding, use of horse walker and hot shower/solarium, and all basic care.
Hunter livery includes fittening exercise, grooming, washing and all preparation plus transport for £130p/w.

ihatework

Visit site
For what I would term part livery (which seems to be what some will call full) the cheapest I paid was £95/week and the most expensive £140/week (that included 7 day care, feed/hay/bedding, lorry parking, school, turnout, hacking. I think the best value one was £120/week.

I haven’t used proper full livery until fairly recently, but it’s embarrassingly good value @ £175/week for pretty much everything - schooling/training/grooming/clipping/tack cleaning. That said I’m having to switch from straw (included) to dust free bagged bedding which I will pay for on top so will be nearer £190/week.

bellsinheaven

Visit site
I pay £525 PCM. That includes stable, all year turnout, basic feed, bedding and haylage, rug changing, bringing in and out, groom and check over daily and use of rubber menage, hot horse shower and hacking facilities.

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
£416/month for daily turnout, straw bed, basic feed, adlib haylage, holding for vet and farrier, feet picked out daily, 20x40 outdoor school and moorland hacking on the doorstep. It's the most expensive place round here as not that much call for exercise, tarting up for hunting etc. locally, although there are trusted freelance riders connected to the yard who can provide this if needed.

pixie27

Visit site
£650/month for unlimited hay and bedding, two feeds a day (have to supply your own supplements), holding for vet/farrier (and free call-outs for vet), turn out/bring in, change rugs, groom/check over. Horses are done seven days a week, you only have to turn up and ride. Part livery (£100 cheaper) is Mon-Fri, though they'll still turn out/bring in, feed and hay on weekends. Sat/Sun you just need to muck out, groom and change rugs.

Two schools (one indoor and one outdoor), American barns, and nearly off-road hacking (though quite dull - only one route). Free to park trailers/boxes too. Turn out is limited but there's a sand pen they can go in when the weather's too bad/fields are too muddy. You can pay them to ride or hack too, and do extras like clipping.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
We do part livery as full = riding grooming and tack cleaning which we don't do

£ 117 pw We are 7 days a week muck out t/o c/i rug change - hay depending what package, basic has a set amount, two feeds, storage chest use, two schools, jumps good grazing extras available

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
For what I would term part livery (which seems to be what some will call full) the cheapest I paid was £95/week and the most expensive £140/week (that included 7 day care, feed/hay/bedding, lorry parking, school, turnout, hacking. I think the best value one was £120/week.

I haven’t used proper full livery until fairly recently, but it’s embarrassingly good value @ £175/week for pretty much everything - schooling/training/grooming/clipping/tack cleaning. That said I’m having to switch from straw (included) to dust free bagged bedding which I will pay for on top so will be nearer £190/week.
This has been discussed before, but in my experience full = full as in everything done inc riding tack cleaning and grooming. Part means part=, partly done as you don't ride tack or groom. Never understand when liveries tell me do we do full livery and I say no part, explain what we do and they said that is what I wan't.

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
Round my way, part livery is often taken to mean weekdays only vs. full livery means full time. Probably not the correct definition, but it works for the options available as there's no-one doing proper 'full' livery locally.

AUB

Visit site
£455/month for turn in/out (10-12 hrs/day, depending on season), feed morning and evening, mucking out daily. No grooming, schooling, competing, holding for farrier/vet, changing of rugs and so on, so I guess some would call it part livery?

We have 20x40 meter indoor and outdoor, a few jumps that you are allowed to set up on thursdays and forrest next to the yard. No walker, solarium or other "luxuries", it's all pretty basic and the yard is old and not fancy. In my area you can easily pay £1000 or more for full livery but only have a few hours turnout, so I'm very happy.