what do you pay?

Malibu

Visit site
i have lucky that i have never used livery as have stables, grazing at our house but just wonderign what livery cost these days, whe i go to uni i will be using livery but i will get a discount, but what would you expect tp pay for a small yard, only owner and one other person so in total 5 horses, great grazing, sand school and jumps, bedding and hay and all barnd new? woudl be kept in at night, turned out at day and i would see to the horse ?

mandy4727

Visit site
Not sure what you would expect to pay with everything included. My rent for stable (large one) and individual turnout field - well 2 fields of an acre each so we can rotate. Out 24/7 in summer and now but only winter turnout in one of our own fields in winter (I think fingers crossed), use of 30 x 30 flood lit sand school, use of field with show jumps and some XC jumps being made next year. £15 a week. I pay extra £1.50 per bale for straw, £5.00 for shavings and £4.70 for nedzbeds. Hay is £2.50 and haylage 10p per kilo. Think you pay £2 per week to keep your trailer there but not sure cos I haven't got one!!!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Depending on the area, Northern England appears much cheaper than the Midlands or South. In the Midlands DIY at my yard is £25 pw. Includes turnout all year round however depending on weather in the winter it can be sometimes restricted. Brick built stable, large jump field with full set of jumps, dressage arena, 20 x 40 menage & 20 x 40 indoor arena. Everything else, shavings, hay, feed you arrange yourself however you can purchase through YO if you wish. If you need horse brought in for Farrier it's £1...put him out again another pound. £3 pw trailer parking, £5 pw lorry parking. YO lives on site & checks regularly on horses. Not the cheapest yard however there's loads of knowlesdge there & the facilities mean we can ride all year round whatever the weather. Oh, there's 26 horses on the yard & 30 acres of turnout.

RubyR

Visit site
I'm in the south-east and DIY livery at the yard I'm at is £30/week. There is turnout all year round with hay included in the price. The YO buys in shavings which we get at a discount price of £3/bag. Prices seem to vary. My previous yard was £18/week with use of a school and individual turnout, but hay and straw were additional costs (now I think about it, I'd say that yard was pretty cheap for my area).

PiebaldHorse

Visit site
Im in northern ireland and I was looking at my riding stable to keep a horse there on livery, was being charged £25 livery, but that is them bringing my horse in at night, and out in the morning. Also i get to use the arena and get cheaper lessons as I would be using my own horse

MillionDollar

Visit site
I think its around £25 for DIY around here (for stable, grazing and use of arena). But its £45 at Warwickshire College (they get very limited turnout but provided hay and straw). When i set my yard up i'll probably charge £35 per week for stable for stable, all year turnout, use of arena and provided hay and straw/flax bedding.
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
Im down south (as you know
smile.gif
) and my DIY which includes unlimited haylage/unlimited private field (have to poo pick myself tho)/use of school/excellent hacking - its £155 p/m - but i dont use straw, shes on shavings, so it costs me and extra £25 a month for shavings.

Visit site
Similar set-up to where I keep my horses. I get feed included as well (low maintenance horses though!) I pay £50 for two out 24:7 in summer and £55 for one in at night out during day in winter and £30 for the hairy who lives out all year round. Do do poo picking/other things for one of YO horses who share my field but she does loads for me too.

the watcher

Visit site
£30 DIY per week in the Cotswolds per horse, includes large stable, hay and straw (although I choose to use hemp bedding at my own expense), generous turnout all year round and an outdoor school. Trailer storage at no extra charge

Blizzard

Visit site
I pay £15 a week for unlimited turnout, stable, arena with jumps, XC course and someone is always around to do your horse if you cant.

It goes up to £23 in winter as they all have unlimited haylege then.

jj_87

Visit site
Our DIY livery is £16 for under 15hh and £20 15hh+ for this you get unlimited hayleage from Oct-June, Limited TO in winter, Unlimited use of summer pastures, Free trailer/ horsebox storage, Use of all weather outdoor floodlit school, Exellent hacking on the mary townly loop, Rugs changed, horses brought in TO free of charge. Morning feeds put in.

Part Livery is £35 and that includes mucking out in the morning in winter if there in all day. Use of the indoor at weekends and 10-5 during the week

Full £55 includes full muck out, feed, clipping service, horse ridden,lunged, horse ready for you to ride, horse plaited up, washed and even delivered to shows. Also use of the indoor at any time. Shavings and rubber matting included
Avalible to all Rug washing at £7.00 a rug
And we are north west