What do you peeps think

Molineux

Visit site
A friend of mine has her horse at the same yard as me, her horse has developed like spots all over her bum, they are under the skin and looks like a rash type thing.

This developed after we went hunting and she got soaked, and then had to many rugs on when she got back so was hot!

This rash has been on her bum for over a week now, any ideas on what it could be??

She has on the top of her bum 3 lines which look like finger nail marks which is the rash
confused.gif
And then its all over her bum?

My friend has hot ragged her and its still there!!

She also changed her feed to Spillers Musile Mix, but stopped giving her that 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas?????

Molineux

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Rain scald??

[/ QUOTE ]

No its not that sort of thing - its more spots under the skin she is fully clipped so you can see the spots more so.

elsielouise

Visit site
Rain scald can be 'spots under the skin' or, at least a very similiar fungal type infection. My mare had something like this all the wet summer. even when rugged and stabled.

If there are scabs, and you might have to really dig about to find them as the can feel like raised lumps as so small, then get the hibiscrub out and get the scabs off.

If there is any chance they are scabs then remove, wash ans dry thoroughly daily etc etc and keep brushes seperate. Mine has been without it (touch wood) for a couple of months now .