What do you put on your horses legs to travel?

rubyrumba

Visit site
Going to a show last weekend, we had to slam on suddenly and my horse went down. She had bandages on and she cut her leg through the bandages, must have been on the partition. So the next show I travelled to I put bandages and boots on her (It was only a short distance) If I was going further I think maybe it'd be too much (heat wise).
Just wondering what everyone else uses? Thanks!

Polo*Pony

Visit site
Both of my mine use boots. Both sets are pretty tough, I think one is Mark Todd and I can't remember the other ones - they're very tough so I'll try to remember to have a look and post back for you. The gelding hates them and does the daftest walk ever with his hind legs, but I've started putting the hind legs ones on in the lorry (probably not advisable depending on your horse!) and then he's not bothered by them.

I'm always surprised by the number of horsey friends I have who travel their horses with completely bare legs.

Princecharming

Visit site
I travel mine in Premier equine magnetic liners with the HCT therapy boot wraps over the top. The outer boots are really tough but not as big and flappy as travel boots.