What do you think of my ad? (and quick update)

LauraBR

Visit site
16hh PSYCHOBEASTRODEOMONSTER

Chestnut gelding mentalist nutjob, impressive scopey buck and finely tuned rodeo style. Would suit either a novice with a death wish, or someone very experienced with a screw loose. Could excel in pure western rodeo. Can be a quiet darling but don't let that put you off- he can be completely unpredicatable so you are guaranteed not to have a boring ride. No need to vet him as he has had every check done by the vets a thousand times, access to records welcomed.

Excellent trial facilities but please don't expect anyone who knows this horse to ride him first.

lol. I am OF COURSE joking.

Got someone PERFECT coming to see him tomorrow and things are looking good. The kind of home able to get him right and sell him on to a high level comp (SJ)home- exactly what I want for him.

ALSO... looks as though YO might have found me the perfect horse which has come along at exactly the right time. He is offered on permanent/long term loan, bit bigger (17hh- same as JF though and I'm quite tall) and apparently is the ultimate safe schoolmaster. Won't go into details as I haven't even seen him yet but he had a glittering career and would get me eventing and SJ over incredible heights in no time. Just what I need. He is basically another JF but sound and with more scope.

WAY older than I thought I would end up with as my next one but hey, he could be exactly what I need to get me back where I was and some more riding wise for a few years.
grin.gif

Sarah1

Visit site
Your ad is hilarious - PMSL! That's what you call a honest ad!
wink.gif

Glad you think you've found him a nice home though and are already thinking of getting back in the saddle, sure the next horse you have will be wonderful!

Equibeau

Visit site
Love that ad!!! So pleased for you that you seem to have found the answer. Have followed this with interest, he looked such a lovely horse, just not the one for you (or me, for that matter). New one sounds like he would be much more enjoyable, best of luck.

S_N

Visit site
Now that is the kind of ad that I would respond to - certainly memorable!! BRILLIANT!!!

Excellent news on both fronts - will kepp all digits firmly crossed!!

ruscara

Visit site
Well, two pieces of good news, and about time too!
smile.gif
I am glad you were joking about your ad - just for a second I was reading it seriously!
A talented schoolmaster sounds just what you need now, and I hope he is all you wish for.
Fal's future is looking a lot less bleak, too. I hope you will keep us up to date with how he's doing?

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
ROFLMAO if only all sellers were so honest. . . . . lol
Bet you'd get loads of calls!
If you do end up advertising him in the 2.5K region be prepared for the 'numptys' who say they can ride!

LauraBR

Visit site
I doubt I'll be advertising, and don't want to for that very reason. Sooner give him away to a home proven with horses like him than sell him to a home I didn't know.

By all accounts chances are the guy tomorrow will make me an offer, and chances are whatever that offer is I'll take it.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
, and chances are whatever that offer is I'll take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the ad, must have taken a while thinking that lot up!!
blush.gif
But please, remember it's open forum so be careful what you say on it else he'll offer sixpence if you get my drift; others have learnt the hard way so don't be among them please, you've had enough drama getting this far.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
please, remember it's open forum so be careful what you say on it else he'll offer sixpence if you get my drift; others have learnt the hard way so don't be among them please, you've had enough drama getting this far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wise words and you are of course right but the funny thing is, I'm not even bothered. Every aspect of Fals history with me is documented on this forum for all to read, this post is no different. In fact, I hope he has read it all. He will pay as much as he feels the horse is worth and perhaps given figures banded about by other interested parities today locally I was maybe exaggerating if I said 'any price' BUT, I have my boys best interests at heart and TBH, I'd be happier knowing he was in the RIGHT home than I would be with a few grand in my pocket.

Still, you are quite right... a shoot yourself in the foot thing to write
crazy.gif

TGM

Visit site
Nice to see you still have a sense of humour despite all that has happened! I do hope that things work out for the best for both you and Fal.

_jetset_

Visit site
I am so pleased to hear that lzt, things could be looking up for the two of you and you can enjoy riding again! I'll keep everything crossed for you honey, please keep us informed!