Skhosu

Visit site
http://www.horsemart.co.uk/AdvertRef/HM645GB70/Page//Web/DisplayHorseDetail.asp
or
http://www.horsemart.co.uk/AdvertRef/HM645G576/Page//Web/DisplayHorseDetail.asp
or
http://www.horsemart.co.uk/AdvertRef/HM645FF7A/Page//Web/DisplayHorseDetail.asp
or
http://www.horsemart.co.uk/AdvertRef/HM645F62D/Page//Web/DisplayHorseDetail.asp'
or
http://www.horsemart.co.uk/AdvertRef/HM645ED7B/Page/2/Web/DisplayHorseDetail.asp
as possible projects to bring on and sell? I personally like the last one. Ponies would be for games ponies or PC ponies
Just dipping a toe in the water here
grin.gif

L

lilym

the only one worth it is the grey pony, if i had the time i'd take him myself!! to be totally honest i wouldn't touch the others with a barge pole! alarm bells rung on all ads, a windsucker would be a hell of a job to sell on as most yards will not accomodate them, and as for the other two, nice enough horses, but why so cheap????? sorry to sound cynical but.....
eta.....to be sucessful and make some money you need to find good 3 or 4 or 5 year olds and turn them around quick......on the other hand if you are looking for a project and not a profit it can be very rewarding...i know, i've been there!
wink.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
I have to say the coloured (grey) pony was my favourite, do think most of the rest are too cheap, but then again, not sure if they're not doing anything?

clipertyplop

Visit site
i have to agree with lilym. also i see that your registered in ireland so wouldnt the transpost costs eat up you profits i was told a long tome ago that will never get rich buying and selling horses or owning for that fact and thats for sure,,,,also remember that livestock is deadstock and anything can happen in 24hrs sorry for bring a damp squid

L

lilym

my suspicions are more towards WHY they are not doing anything, if they are so fab in traffic bombproof etc, then they would be commanding much better prices and being snapped up, are there any underlying soundness or temp issues?? check the ads page of any mag and compare the average price of a basic allrounder, anything from 3k up, then ask again why these are so cheap, one is also a trade seller so probably has a problem, in my experience dealers tend to buy in a £700 horse at aution school it on for a few weeks and sell for 3k plus, so why is this one being knocked out so cheap??

Skhosu

Visit site
oh yes..am aware that profit making is hard etc., we're currently just thinking about it and I'm trying to gauge what sort of animal we're after!
Some of these horses at low prices (not particularly the ones I picked out) must be bargains, you always hear people talking about them!
(wouldn't be looking in england, but just trying to look at horses and get an idea, windo shopping basically!)
I would believe very litttle said in ads TBH, and probably would avoid dealers to begin with.
More than happy to hear all views, but when its not my money, can't hurt to try. Hopefully we would be aiming to not spend so much we couldn't cope without it!

clipertyplop

Visit site
im not sure about the auctions in Ireland but certainly in England im sure you can pick up ponies like the one you have showed for about £2 -300 they will be unbroken but then you can take pride in the fact that you started them properly.....and certainly well schooled ponies fetch good money good luck in your venture

L

lilym

whats the harm in trying then??
wink.gif
have a look at project horses website, there are some bargains to be had there, epecially on the section d's f****d up by parelli front
tongue.gif
grin.gif
, seriously if you have a good eye for a horse and your wit's about you, you may not make a huge profit but it can be done - after all how do you think dealers survive?? i have been there and done it......bought a nice type for £250 and turned it into an allrounder, only...i "forgot" to sell it on and she's still with me now!
blush.gif
still what a bargain!

Skhosu

Visit site
lol!!
'forgot;! If we find a super duper quiet horse on the way, we may well keep it for mum, but I think we're going to start with games ponies, we know how to deal with them!
lol bout sec. D's.
we would like to do unbroken as obv. their cheaper but we have never broken anything so don't think we'll try that yet!

Tia

Visit site
The third one is the one I would go for - probably cheap because it is in Wales. You wouldn't make tonnes of money but if you are in the right area you could sell on quickly for a profit.

Although I do tend to err towards ponies....and in particular pretty grey ponies, I wouldn't take that coloured grey one. There appears to be something incorrect about his feet - he looks like he has a slightly laminitic stance here and has very boxy feet. Pretty little guy though.

to be honest, none of them.
1 Is horrible.
2 Looks to be more my type but don't like it's neck, especially how it is set on.
3 Is the best of the bunch - looks sweet enough. There is nothing about it that I really like nor dislike - just very average but then it is only £900.
4 I can't see
5 Very sweet face but in pic one it looks quite long and weak in the back (but then not really in pic two so may be angle).
Don't know why people can't just take a nice straight on body shot!!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
They grey is cute, but would worry about the way it is standing. Restsing a front foot is indicative of navicular or laminitus (although it could be that they have taken a seriously cr@p photo!)

I really don't like the others, so maybe the reason they are cheap is that they are not very attractive.

sojeph

Visit site
I'd be concerned that the pony is hard to catch. It has a clip attached to its headcollar - wierd- and its being sold from the field
crazy.gif
Plus it has some fairly deep grooves on its front feet which could indicate lami so although I may be tempted to go look at that one I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up.

The first one in Surrey: mmm, alarm bells
crazy.gif

luane1

Visit site
why dont you try a work experience with someone who is breaking in horses? It would give you an idea of what they are bringing in to break and sell, as well as helping you to learn the skills that you will need if you want to make the money.