what do you think?

Tempi

Visit site
Im going to look at a horse (i know!!!!) with my mum, hopefully this weekend - cant get in touch with people at the moment. Shes 3, by Catherston Springsteen out of a LW show hunter.

Shes on horsequest, dressage horses, youngstock about the 5th horse down. Titled 'By Catherston Springsteen'. Looks just what i want and in my price range................
confused.gif

So might try and scrape some finances together..............

opinions please!
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
its to make 17h, im 6ft and Bloss is only 16'1. Would be a perfect size for me
smile.gif

It fits all my criteria, thats why im dying to have a look at it, then at least il know if its not going to be right for me, whereas if i dont bother to go and look at her il never know!

Knowing my luck shes already sold anyways............
frown.gif

ihatework

Visit site
I like the look of her and have been very impressed by Catherston Springsteen when I have seen him out and about competing.
But I have to say she isn't quite what I imagined you setting out to buy!

Halfstep

Visit site
Its hard to tell from the angle of the photo but she looks like she might be built a bit downhill. Of course she's three and they are often croup high at that age, but it would put me off unless she really looks like she has growing to do and has an excellent hind leg.

Pretty girl, though!

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Hmmmm, not sure.

She is certainly very reasonably priced. She is pretty but seems very light of bone and I'm not sure on the angle of her quarters, but it may be the angle the photos been taken from.
Springsteen has lovely movement and it would be interesting to know whether she's taken his paces or that of the dam which I'd assume were flatter as she was a show hunter.
Definately worth a look for the money but as I'm assumimg you want her for dressage, after temperament, pay particular attention to the paces.

Although you'd have two years longer to wait it might be better to buy a foal for similar money and have something bred for the job on both sides of the pedigree rather than on one side, if you see what I mean?

patchandloopy

Visit site
I like her nice face and that, but she doesnt make me go 'wow' which would be important for dressage, although i havent seen her move, and i know shes only 2, but she doesnt do much for me. Sorry!

But the WB coloured a couple of pics down......
grin.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Im with bananaman on this one i think.

I'm not into dressage so dont exactly know what your looking for but she doesn't do it for me. Also agree with the person who said she looks very downhill but could just be the angle of the photo. I know she has some growing to do but it just looks like something a bit more than being croupe high to me. I could be wrong though.

If its not too far though i would say that you should still go and look as then you get a better idea of what you are looking for. I may be inclined to ask for more photos and possibly a vid as well even if its just one of her trotting up.

Tempi

Visit site
I see what you are both saying - i dont think shes croup high (Bloss is VERY croup high), and alot of youngsters are.

I will definately want to see her move (ie free schooling) if i do decide to have a look.

If i break her in and she turns out to be not what i want then at least i can sell her on easily as shes got super breeding.

But like i said i havent even contacted them about her yet, so its all hypothetical at the moment.

Tempi

Visit site
personally i think its the camera angle, im going to try and have a look at her this weekend like i said, as newbury isnt far from me. Will see if they can send me some more piccies and a vid too.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
What about the trakehner gelding by Fleetwater Opposition much further down?

A year older so ready to back now and looks like he moves.
I'd be a bit suspicious as to why he's so resonably priced but definately worth a look I'd have thought, or certainly more photos/video?

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
and if you get her show her in hand in hunter classes as another option to sell her if it does not work out. amateur show hores are always sought after. plus being a mare there is always the breeding side at some point. croup high, shes still growing. as for wow factor cant tell till you have seen them in the flesh can you. go look a good price.