What do you think?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Awful picture - so perhaps unfair to comment on the horse. I think that any horse/breed can be a confidence giver if that is their temperament.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
So apparently are TB's and we all know that's not true
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
I think its quite a bad pic too and its back end doesn't look too good to me but i am rubbish at confirmation.

All the arabs i have known has never been confidence givers and seem to need quite a lot of confidence from their riders. They can also be very temperamental when it comes to jumping as well but when they do they have got a good jump on them.

Like i said thats just the ones i have known though (about 3) so i think it depends on the horse.

Molineux

Visit site
I think he looks quite nice
smile.gif

I have had 2 arabs and they were no way confidence givers!
Both of them needed a lot of work, and they both hated jumping, however after a long time of schooling etc I was taking them XC and SJing and being placed.

I think Arabs are a one on one person horse as they learn from you, so the person who had owned this horse has most prob done a lot with it for it to gain trust in her, in which he has given confidence to her.

So it may take a while for you to start bonding as Arabs are hard work not as hard as the old TB mind you
wink.gif

tabithakat64

Visit site
I've known a few Arabs and they've all been prone to getting excited and spooking. I would agree that they seek confidence from their riders and seem to thrive on one to one relationships. Saying that not all horses are true to type, if you like him then go and try him out, just make sure you see him ridden by someone else first.

pagancluf

Visit site
I agree with Amymay - I have two TB's and one is so laid back it's unreal - depend on the temp of the horse. (or how much ACP he's had when you go to try him!)

leanne123

Visit site
thats one ugly arab, sorry , but yes they can be really good horses, atm my sister is breaking some proper arabs not one have them have been a problem. 3 of these arabs have been sold to people that have never ridden before, and all 3 owners are very pleased with what they have bought.
my best pony was an arab and he was and still is the best i've ever ridden. if id stopped growing i'd only have arabs not only are they the most elegant horses but they have the strengh and such a brave heart, they give you 100% and more.