What do you think???

k9h

Visit site
After a new horse & seriously hung up on these 2...

9yr 16.3 gelding, Zaffarar ex Late Night Caller, P2P last 2 seasons 2nd Larkhill in '95, & 2 seconds & win 2006
BackToNature.jpg

Double Trigger ex Princess Alaska, gelding, 5yrs, 157cm with certificate been dressage & showing this summer. Not been out of the 1st 2 in 3 show classes this summer.
TriggersDouble.jpg

So what do you think & more importantley which one as can't afford both (unless win lottery tomorrow!). Would be for eventing & hunting.

Ta for any help.

k9h

Visit site
Cheers thats the one I've always been drawn to more really like his shoulder & engine room (arse!) but the other does have more history. Mind a cleanish slate is a good thing & 5yrs I can start to do some work rather than reschooling she says he does need bringing on slowly & hasn't done much jumping but they are both great movers. Decision made well lets see what bank manager says first!!! LOL

k9h

Visit site
Wanting to event & hunt. First one had good enough movement to event as does second but needs work on his jumping. First one is my stamp of a horse like you say I know he needs some correct schooling to build up his muscle & topline. Though second is a a nice compact sort of horse! Why couldn't I of won the lottery last night!! Then problem solved I could ogf had both!!

k9h

Visit site
I agree that he has that 'green' look about him but he is really sensible, also I like the fact that he has a "profits thumb print" which is a sign of a good horse (old wives tale!)

Bossanova

Visit site
I very much like the first, the 2nd looks a bit poncy and maybe not tough enough, would be interesting to see it in the flesh though.
First horse is strongly built, limbs look decent enough and he has an appealing look!

GatefieldHorses

Visit site
ignore the thumb print, we have an irish horse who has one - he nrly broke my foot and fingers within a week and when you get on him the first 10 mins are spent seeing if he can get you through the fence (beofre anyone says anything, hes had his back and teeth checked and all tack is fitted).

k9h

Visit site
I do really like the 2nd horse but the first is more of an eventer stamp plus he has proven on the race track that he has a turn of speed (good for eventing) Where as second looks ponyfied??? Can do dressage so has got length of paces.
Will have to have a couple of weeks trial with them both to see which suits best. Thanks for all your guys thought as it seems quite equally balanced.

k9h

Visit site
Also am having a blond moment, is 157cm 16.3hh?? I did 157 divide by 2.5 to get inches & then divided that by 4 to get hands. Is that right??

k9h

Visit site
Ah abit small then, Did think it was around that height but my maths said otherwise, just as well my Mother was the accountant & not me then LOL!!!
Looks like it will be Back To Nature then!!

kerrylou123

Visit site
to be honest, i don't really like either of them, but i prefer the first to the second horse for the particular job your after, although i agree about the neck thing!

KatB

Visit site
Both lovely types. but the first one looks like it could do the jpb better than the second, who just looks pretty! Definitely the first one!

Fairynuff

Visit site
Def the first one. Give him some correct work and youve got a very nice horse. If hes p2ptd and been placed hes fast and can jump. I like him lots. M.

k9h

Visit site
I think it will have to be first to as he's a hand bigger to. I also love his highlighted forlock!!! & Is more of a correct stamp & my type, just I do like the second so much... No be strong trial the 2nd & see how we get on!!!

Thistle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I very much like the first, the 2nd looks a bit poncy and maybe not tough enough, would be interesting to see it in the flesh though.
First horse is strongly built, limbs look decent enough and he has an appealing look!

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much exactly what I was about to type!

RunToEarth

Visit site
I would love to see the first one under saddle, it looks a nice type, I dontreally like the look of the second one, but I cant pinpoint why, it seems to carry itself abit funnily...

amandaco2

Visit site
neither
first one had poor feet and neck(dispite looking in good condition on the rest of him) short length of rein and a pony head.he also looks light of bone on the front legs and has what looks like a curb on his hock, which look like thay are a little straight.
second one just doesnt do anything for me, he doesnt move well from that picture and appears to be tipping his nose out sideways.he doesnt have any outstanding faults or anything outsanting about him in any way.i think he will be a little small and prehaps light of bone for eventing.
personally i would carry on looking