What do you think?

jo1

hotmail.co.uk
Hes barefoot - just trimmed. If I had the cash available I would def go and look. As it is I think I will hav e to keep looking at the picture and wishing I win the lottery tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Love that third picture of his face - he looks such a sweetheart! (And this coming from someone who really isnt a lover of the heavier horses)

Im not good on values at all, so better not to really comment on that.... although take into account that it sounds like his whole wardrobe is coming with him.

Im sure he's worth looking at... what are you wanting him for, if you dont mind me asking?

MagicMelon

Visit site
£5k? Nope. Sorry, I dont think he's worth that. He's still green, and obviously due to his type has limited potential (I mean, you cant jump that big on a Clydesdale can you?). It obviously depends what you want though - if he's perfect for you and you have loads of money then go for it!

He does look very sweet, but IMO only worth maybe £2500?

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
What do you want him for? I've seen a clydie cross for half that price, just as pretty... My parents said that if he's still up for sale next spring, we'd drive up and see him! But I'm afraid he'll be gone by then...
frown.gif

Here's the link: http://www.horsemart.co.uk/AdvertRef/HM644ABEG/Advanced/True/Page//Web/DisplayHorseDetail.asp

Plus, he's done "dressage, showjumping and hunting with previous owner", and his jockey is disabled, which must mean he has a nice nature?

jo1

hotmail.co.uk
I wont/cant pay that amount of money anyway. Just wondered what everyone else thought re price type etc. I would ideally want something that my OH could learn on as well. However he is a big bloke and wants something very very stocky.

fairhill

Visit site
They are fairly versatile horses, but you'd be limited as said before for jumping etc.
We've got a shire x clydesdale, shes who's only 15.2 but stocky enough for the heaviest of gentlemen! She was 7 and green when we got her, and was a lot lot cheaper than the horse above.

There's a breeder near me of shires and clydesdales, and always has some nice ones for sale if you're interested in the breed. PM if you'd like his details for more information about heavy horses.

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
"Now he is gorgeous - I might have to fight you for him!!!"

Go for it! It'd be amazing if you bought him - I'd be able to see photos!

What I don't want to happen is for him to be sold and to never see him again
frown.gif
He's so cute!
laugh.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
He is lovely but i wouldn't pay that much for a horse that hasn't done anything. However, i do know that Clydesdales and Clydesdale x's are v. expensive. I was looking for one as my Cylesdale x TB is 22 now, and although she is still in full work i thought i'd look round and the cheapest i could find was £4,500!!!

Here's Flo-
with my complete novice friend riding
DSCN2519.jpg

LWF0006.jpg

MillionDollar

Visit site
I know you're probably talking about pure breds but Flo has got the biggest jump (although i don't jump, lol)! She hunted all her life and with her rider jumped tghe biggest jumps. When i got her the guy said if you can't open a gate just pop her over
shocked.gif
lol, thought he was joking until she escaped a couple hours later by jumping a 5 bar gate from a stand still and then 2 barbed wire fences
shocked.gif
lol.

Chex

Visit site
No way I'd pay that amount of money. Possibly for showing, but I've not seen many classes just for them. Way too much money for a happy hacker, espcially at not even 4 years old yet!

siennamum

Visit site
If he's 17.3 now and not yet 4 then you can assume he'll probably grow some more. My friend has a 17.2 hunter ID type available at the moment, it's in the H&H, totally bombproof and safe, a little afraid of men so not asking full market value for him, also he's completely surplus to requirement. I think she'd accept less for him and he's a steal.
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/marketplace/classified/details.php?id=42714

Happytohack

Visit site
What a stunner, but he is too expensive! I love heavy horses and have a black Clydesdale x and a 17.3 Russian heavy draught horse. Neither of them cost anything like that sort of money. If you are considering a heavy horse, bear in mind the cost of keeping them - they need an extra large stable and an extra large horsebox, not to mention vast amounts of hay! Here are my two
DSCF0567.jpg

jo1

hotmail.co.uk
He looks gorge - however it would have to be a heavy horse due to my partners weight. A horse that is afraid of men wouldnt really be too good for me.

Would there be another breed that would carry my partners weight?

fairhill

Visit site

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
No idea on value, he is lovely but he's not my sort of horse. He's 17h3" now & he hasn't reached 4 years old yet..... he'll probably keep growing until he's 6/7 years. He'll be over 18h by the time he's matured.
smile.gif

suebingham

Visit site
The belgium cold blood is especially pretty IMHO. You sure have a lot more heavy horses over there than we do. You'll see an occasional Clydesdale or Percheron but they are so seldom broke to ride -- only drive. You DO see very large Mule draft-crosses that are used by big guys for back countrty hunting. Some are totally adorable.

moon_drop

Visit site
He's lovely but no way is he worth that!!!! IMO he shouldn't even be backed!!! but that just me. I would pay something between 1500 and 2000 for him, I've seen much nicer ones up here for around 1000.