What do you think?

archoak

Visit site
about horses and ponies being split in sj classes. Ours wasn't split today and we weren't placed but would have been if it was
blush.gif

henry-

Visit site
It's a pain & the striding can be a muddle if classes aren't split but sometimes it can't be avoided.

Generally speaking, I avoid mixed classes but my RC doesn't split so I just have to get on with it.......with a smile! Luckily the lady who builds the course is sensible about the doubles.
I also am philosophical about what happens in the jump off in a mixed class - a horse can't whizz about like a pony.

I find the behaviour of some of the pony riders & their parents far more annoying!

archoak

Visit site
I know it sounds like sour grapes but the striding was awful! I heard at least 3 people complaining and they changed it but it was still wrong so we pulled out of the class and did the next one which was too big and child got eliminated
confused.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
A lot of these ponies have a scopey jump and are very very nippy, they can corner better and have those really competitive kids on them. They alter all the striding for them and I dont think it is fair. I really dont like competing in mixed classes, 13.2hh speed machine vs horse? no fair.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Well that is what often happens in PC type clicks...mother gets 11yo a cracking 13.2hher, jumps so well, cleans up, so they keep it, until she is 15. bloody ridiculous, get on a horse
mad.gif
I am easily angered.
smile.gif

Peanot

Visit site
I went to a Trailblazers a few weeks ago, and when I got there, I realised that my classes were mixed. I walked the course and the strides were everywhere and I had been having problems with my mare with putting in little extra half strides and that day didn`t do her any favours. We had 2 stops because the striding was out. Really in hindsight, I shouldn`t have jumped her, but I did. IMO I don`t agree with mixed classes because of the striding and I did see a lot of stops due to horses putting in half strides through combinations. So I understand how you feel completely applechaff.

archoak

Visit site
Thanks and like you we probably shouldn't have jumped but when you've made the effort to get there, paid your entry fees and your child is excited how do you say no
frown.gif