What do you treat your horses with @ Christmas!?

H-J

www.piczo.com
Id love to know what people treat their horses with at Christmas.......

Mine usually have a lickit each and lots of carrots and apples!
smile.gif

Chex

Visit site
He doesn't get anything special, its usually a rush to do him on christmas day! But he's spoilt all year round so he doesn't mind lol

SSM

Visit site
Last year - took Stinkerstonker out for a Christmas day ride, festooned in tinsel!!!!!!!! (I will grow up one day!)

Later the entire family, including inlaws and sister in law crowded into her stable to open her presents with her - a snack ball, lickit, stable lick and inlaws had made her a goodie bag of apples, carrots and polos. Won't be the same this year, however much I love my Donkey
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

She will get loads of treats though as she is very very special!

Tia

Visit site
Nothing. My horses are fed exactly the same feed on Christmas Day as they are every other day of the year.

ru-fi-do

Visit site
A swede on a rope each! YO usually puts presents outside the stables too, last year it was matching feed&waterbuckets, with a pair of riding gloves and treats!

loopeepee

Visit site
When I was younger, we did go all out once . . but I havnt done the same since! We had multicoloured lights hanging by the guttering of the stables, tinsel on the stable doors, a wreath on the tack room door. And also, when we went hunting on Christmas eve, around each individual plait, we sewed on tinsel. However, as my cob was hogged, I couldnt so instead she had a bit in her tail! My sister also went to a Children's meet (few days before Christmas) with a Santa's Hat on her skull cap. It was the first time she had been over before, and was great because I knew where she was at all times! Everyone loved it
smile.gif

So I have made the effort before . . .
grin.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
Mine are a little spoilt
wink.gif

They get all the trimmings from Christmas dinner, damped down with beer in their dinner

I also make them a Cairo Candy - black treacle and dark brown sugar melted together and then put in a little lickit to set. They then get two in their tongue twisters.

They also get home made toffee apples.

Finally our YO leaves a goodie bag for each horse of mints, apples and horse treats.

I sometimes also make up a horse cake of grated carrot, apple, chaff bound together with the left over lickit mixture.