What do you want to do this year with your horse?

applecart14

Visit site
As title really, anyone doing anything a bit different or wanting to go anywhere new?

I am hoping to go to Milton Keynes to do the 3DE for the 4th time with my Bailey. I would also like to do a Le Trec. I really fancy having our first go at jump cross competition after watching it on TV, so would like to go to the nearest place to me, Oxford, and stop over night and go to a competition the next day there.

Finally I would like to do a working hunter class.

What are your competition ambitions for this year guys?? ;):):):)

comet!

Visit site
My aim is to be able to do our first elementary test by next Christmas. We're currently only doing prelims so it might be a bit of a challenge!

mudmonkey17

Visit site
My aim is to do a BE80. Though this may be next years aim. Just got a new horse, an ex racer mare and slowly getting to know her. First aim is to do a prelim dressage test.

star

Visit site
qualify for Badminton Grassroots. Am working soooooooo hard on the dressage and he is a double clear machine so just hope this year is our year!

kit279

Visit site
Have my black horse, Kallie, back sound and in one piece. If I could get to event him again this year, it would make me the happiest person. Otherwise, crack on with that naughty little Halling horse!

Javabb94

Visit site
To get my rising 5 year old to do a BE90 by end of season (she is 5 in April)

And to get some BN DC's and get 65% in prelim dressage tests

I am supposed to be doing an intro and prelim on Sunday but A off games as think she has tweaked something in her back after jumping round the field with her friends - she is getting physio on Tuesday to check her over!

With J I'd like to carry on with my 1m DC's and step up to 1.10m unaffilliated and have some success at inter workers

Kokopelli

Visit site
Would love to complete an elem on both my boys and get a good % at PC area.

Would also love to take Andy to MK 3DE but will depend on funds, really want to do the steeplechase. :p

applecart14

Visit site
Would also love to take Andy to MK 3DE but will depend on funds, really want to do the steeplechase. :p

Now you are weird! :p lol

I hate the steeplechase, it scares me to death. I go round at a steady showjump canter! My horse loves it and would gallop around all day but after reading the literature that came through the post the first time I did the 3DE about not going to fast on the steeplechase as this can cause an SRF (slow rotational fall) it scared the pants off me.

Each time I went to Milton Keynes I would dread the steeple chase with a passion, and I still get collywobbles now sat in my dining room on this computer typing this and thinking about it. NNNNOOOOOOOO!

Talking of funds its gone up - its now £235 to enter! but it is marvellous value!

Last edited:

Kokopelli

Visit site
Does the £235 include stabling and does that include bedding? I really want to give it a go, might start saving now. :)

Problem is not sure I'll be able to do steeplechase slowly, have a feeling Andy will either just bomb it or bounce around like a looney. May need a bit of practice first.

Countrychic

Visit site
Horse 1 aim is to jump newc as she's only here until may
Horse 2 aim is fox maybe a 1.30 by the end of the year
Horse 3 aim is to keep de spooking her so hopefully BN Disc
Horse 4 aim is to sell
Horse 5 will be very lightly backed
Horse 6 will be sat on
Would love to buy a 16hh ID cob type to break and use as a fun horse and for OH to plod out on but still scopey enough for BS. But I'm not really supposed to be buying more so will have to see.

Squiggles on Paper

Visit site
my instructor is going to take my horse out to newcomers this yr (maybe a fox or two) as she needs to get that high to get her stage 4 and i want to do one myself by the end of the year. this way my horse is experienced and i wont be completely shaking :p

Puddleduck

Visit site
Get my mare back out doing dressage. She's 23 and last competition she did was December 2010.
She's had an easy couple of years due to my work load and I thought she would enjoy "retiring" to weekend hacking/ part time field ornament.......nope, she spends her time winding the other horses up by galloping round the field doing handstands and can't wait to get in the school to strut her stuff :D

Befney3

Visit site
I'd love to actually compete once or twice in the next couple of months 'cos I didn't manage a single outing last year due to a yard move & lack of transport. It's looking like I might manage a couple of Dressage tests on Feb 3rd. Hopefully an unaffiliated Novice & Elementary.

Then I'll be selling/loaning Chilli. :-( Am really gutted but I've got a lot of change planned this year & need to do the best thing for Chilli which will mean finding someone new to give him all the time I can't.

KatB

Visit site
I'm just looking forward to getting out again! However, would love to qualify for the amateur BS finals, and also to have a go at a derby course or two. Think they'd be right up madame street! Generally to have lots of dun though :) I would like a go at jump cross too, but its a bit of a treck for me when I'm lucky enough to have so much on our doorstep!

JANANI

Visit site
My older horse hopefully get him sold, but not giving much hope at the moment due to lack of phone calls :(.

Baby horse. Rising 4 and only just broken. I will do a few months work until early spring when she will get 6/8 weeks off. I plan to get her to her first baby shows late summer/early autumn.