what do you wear to the yard?

road tax for horse riders

• Total voters

KJJ

Visit site
Depends what I'm doing...

If I'm riding then jods or jeans with boots or chaps, t-shirt, jumper or vest top.

If I'm not riding but mucking out etc then jeans or trackie bums t-shirt, jumper or vest top.

If I'm bathing the neddy then 3/4 trousers or shorts t-shirt, or vest top.

We have a 'pole dancer' at the yard and she does the 'wear as little as possible' on hot sunny days.... it's cringeworthy!!!
blush.gif

Henmen

Visit site
Normally jeans and wellies, occasionally will put jods on. I have been known to come straight from work or a day out in heels and a skirt, just to chuck feed in, wouldnt do anything dressed like that though

miamibear

Visit site
I put whatevers comfy but i meant i go in jods when im riding. On his days off i go in jeans and when im just popping in to the yard on my way back from somewhere just to see him i wear whatever i have got on.

I have been known to go down in a skirt in summer when its been a hot day and ive been out for the day just popping in to give him a pat and say hello but i would never go in that to do any work around the yard!!

Must be mad!!

Claireg9

Visit site
well depends what im doing, Riding - Jods and t'shirt, jumpers etc
Mucking out - Tracky b's or whatevers comfy and to hand
Checking on them in the evening - whatever i have on from work! Always regret that though as its normally high heels unless i remember flip flops or trainers to walk across the field in!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I usually wear tracksuite bottoms and trainers and the put my jodphur boots on for riding.

I am having a lesson tonight thought so will dig out my jophurs and boots.

juliehannah58

Visit site
I wear whatever is comfortable and bring jods/breeches with me to change into if I'm riding.

At an old livery yard I was at, we had a very 'loud and proud' gay man with his horse there, lovely man but a red silk bomber jacket with his name on the back in sequins and tiny little hot pants with wellies, was soooo not sexy!! *CRINGE*
blush.gif
grin.gif

Ginn

Visit site
Had to hit other - I have been known to muck out in my pyjamas, lunge in a pretty skirt and wellies, run around frantically on my way out all dressed up and in heals, and very rarely ever ride in jods!

Usually however its whatevers comfy and happened to be to hand in the morning!

tarzipan06

Visit site
In my yoof, many moons again I am afraid I am guilty of tottering up the yard before going clubbing in heels, short skirts ala Jordan stylee
blush.gif

Also I have been known on occassions to turn my horse out coming home from clubs at 6 o clock in the morning - although I must have looked a darned state with mascara, sweat, yuk, yuk - I didn't give a toss in those days
cool.gif

pottamus

Visit site
I just wear comfy clothes and my walking trousers or jeans but if I am riding I will be in jods and long boots and suitable top depending on the weather!

the watcher

Visit site
Jod/breeches and some very unsexy steel toecap lace up boots, they do for all stable duties and riding too. Only because I don't want to spoil any of my other clothes so keep the manky old jods combo.
Would love to look like Anky or somebody similar at the yard but it is destined never to happen and as for minis and strappy tops..yeuch, no way
smirk.gif

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
I always wore my jodhs and a suitable for the prevailing weather conditions top... unless it was unbearably hot in which case I'd wear shorts - but not when riding! I've seen small kids being taken for riding lessons/hacks wearing shorts and vest tops - personally I wouldn't let them ride dressed like that - they're poor little legs!!

My brother's GF decided to be brave and come watch me ride one time - she turned up at the door in a 'park yer bike' top, floaty skirt and strappy stilettos. I *looked* at her and said "I'm not taking you anywhere dressed like that!" She ran home and got changed into the jeans and sweatshirt she was originally going to wear. LOL

tuscanyD

Visit site
either smart work stuff or scruffy joggies or riding gear or whatever I happen to be wearing when I'm passing teamed with wellies/sensible footwear. Usually.

I am guilty of bringing her in from top field at 11.45pm in floaty skirt and strappy summer sandals [low heels though]. I'd promised to do it for her sharer and forgot sensible footwear.
This is a testament to what a smashing mare I've got [can't think of another horse I'd try it with!] and not to be recommended in any way.

druid

Visit site
As my ponios are at home my attire ranges from PJ's (have infact gone around the village in PJ's to catch them one night when they escaped!)
blush.gif
to everyday wear to "going out" clothing...including as someone mentioned above a ball gown (hutn ball night...)

SSM

Visit site
Whatever is on the bedroom floor in the morning (what I have normally taken off the night before + hay and shavings - look out Kim and Aggie). However I do normally go to the yard straight from work so in suit and heels, and change in the feed room (bl**dy fast in the winter!!)

druid

Visit site
Oh yeah, it looked reeeeeaaaalllll classy when I hitched up my ball gown to stop it getting muddy and wore it with wellies to catch the horses in!!

vic07

Visit site
i love the dressing gown look. very useful for checking at night or early in morning. Ours are at home which makes you much more casual with attire! But i always ride in breeches!

matthew

Visit site
Usually jods or jeans (if not riding) but sometimes needs must and have checked on nags in slightly drunken states before dressed in various attire- dress, skirts stillettos......
but it does feel odd!

Peanot

Visit site
I put jeans as I wear the hac tac denim jods all the time. I have about 6 pairs and so I wear them whether I ride or not. With the paddock boots.

Helena88

Visit site
depends what i'm doing...

to do yard work - either an old pair of jeans or trakkies and wellies or muckers...

to ride then always jods or breeches, short boots and gaiters

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
If I'm just there to muck out etc and not ride I just wear jeans and wellies/short boots.
if I'm riding I wear jods (my pikeur's), long leather boots, either a top I can tuck in or a short top/shirt and a waistcoat With hair neatly tied up in a bun.
crazy.gif

kat
xx

Snowberry

Visit site
If the girls are riding then they wear jods but if just messing about they'll wear jeans.

Now we've moved onto livery its hilarious to see what some of the liveries wear!!! We have a real life barbie on our yard!! She wears a belt for a skirt and I'm surprised she doesnt knock herself out with her cleavage!!
shocked.gif
She never, ever rides her horse but the horse is kitted out in the latest PINK gear!!!
shocked.gif

Whats even more funny is there is a new farrier on the yard, very young and fit too!! All the girls between 12-18yrs old dart into the tack room and apply their makeup and do their hair for his visit!!
grin.gif

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
In the mornings(ride all morning), usually jeans or waterproofs. Top half depending on weather - shoulders always covered though.
Afternoons, t shirt and tracksuit bottoms, shorts in summer.
Most nights, usually in a dressing gown for late night checks!

Weezy

Visit site
Always breeches, boots and whatever top is to hand (usually something that is almost ready to wash but could do with another outing LOL!) Hair is usually plaited or in a bun - I never ever ride in anything but breeches and boots - the thought of riding in tracksuit bottoms is rather alien to me!

teapot

Visit site
Jods, boots, gaitors and what ever shirt/top I can find, normally the yard's own one

If I'm just mucking out or turning out, my short boots under jeans.

Oh and shorts in teh summer