What do you wear with navy tweed?

Surbie

Visit site
Cobbus and I are going to a local unaffiliated dressage show. I've got a navy tweed jacket which I love, but I don't know what to wear with it.

I've got a white shirt/breeches/gloves combo from before the black jacket had a mishap, but they look a bit odd with the tweed.

Any help gratefully received!

Surbie

Visit site
Thanks - is it still white shirt and white gloves or do they need to change too? I am totally clueless!

be positive

Visit site
You should wear a coloured stock or shirt and tie with a tweed jacket, most will avoid white gloves because they stand out, a darker brown pair would be better. At unaff level you will be fine wearing what you have if you prefer.

Surbie

Visit site
I had lovely tweed covered gloves but cobbus ate the thumb off one on the weekend. My fault for having them poking out of a pocket.

Thanks for the tips - it's a great excuse to go wandering around a tack shop...:D The heel & sole fell off one of my jodhpur boots yesterday so perhaps the universe is telling me this idea needs rethinking!

catkin

Visit site
as above.

A coloured stock can cover a multitude of sins in the shirt department - I had a mustard coloured one with navy polka dots with navy tweed and the shirt didn't show at all :)
or borrow a tie from husband/boyfriend/brother if you don't have a stock available.

Now, it may be thought infra-dig these days but I actually wore cream breeches in affiliated dressage classes with any of my jackets (black, navy tweed or green tweed) - the judge is actually looking at your horse and their way of going after all!!

Pippity

Visit site
With my green tweed, I wear:

Beige/fawn breeches
Yellow shirt
Navy tie (jacket has navy velvet collar)
Navy velvet hat
Brown gloves

I figured, seeing as I was buying most things from scratch, I might as well get what I'd wear for showing her (HW cob).