what does a 5 stage vetting include these days?

spooks

Visit site
not had a vetting done before with this different stage malarky! what do they do for a 5 stage? a friend is buying my pony and having her vetted and lungeing was mentioned. our school ring is in disguise as a bog at the mo and the fields are far to wet/slippery to do anything in as well so not sure where this will take place!

hollyzippo

Visit site
Its pretty thorough. Lameness exam, eyes, heart, lungs and blood sample taken for storage incase any dispute about drugging etc once its been bought.
Will need lunging/riding until puffing to have heart and lung exam after exercise.

samp

Visit site
Eyes, heart, lungs are all examined in the stable, horse is them walked and trotted in hand, seen under saddle if old enough or on the lunge to check out for any resppiratory noises and to listen to the heart again. The horse also has flexion tests performed, backed up in hand and asked to cross hind legs. Then a silhouette of the horse is taken and the heart listened to again. They may also see the horse trot up again.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
not too clued up on the whole thing either, as the one i bought failed before he started as was already lame so he didnt do a 5 stage

but i know that they do need to be lunged or ridden so vet can see movement of horse and examine horse when heart rate is faster/after exercise

spooks

Visit site
well ours will have to be lunged until knackered as if i have to get on her the vet will be assessing her for a broken back ! lol