What does everyone think of this horse

Skhosu

Visit site
what other horses has she ridden?
What is her back-up like? (good instructor?)
nice horse, good depth of experience, just a little concerned it might be too cheap?

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
Jenny has ridden lots of other horses - she has worked at a livery yard for years and brought on two ponies from young. She has helped with the children and ridden a wide range.

We have another horse which my youngest daughter (14) is going to keep working with - a Welsh Section D mare 14.2 - quite light built but strong. Jenny just feels she needs something bigger.

We went to try this horse today and Jenny said she was very forward going and strong. The owner said she had not been ridden for weeks - most of the summer - but had in the previous year done well in shows. She was beautiful but very energetic.

S_N

Visit site
Sounds like a super type! Good looking too! One question though - how quickly will she grow out of it? I'd out grown my 15hh broad cob, by the time I was 15 - but then I am nearly 6 ft now........

monica123

Visit site
sounds great!
laugh.gif

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
I think she looks lovely. As long as your daughter was not phased by her being forward going and strong when she tried her. I think the price sounds very fair and she looks a nice all rounder type.

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
She's 5ft 3in and probably wont get much taller - she is ok on the 14 2 but wouldn't buy one that size. I do feel they need a horse each. For a start I am sick of worrying about whether one class will finish before the other's will start.

This is Jenny on Ebony at the Cheshire Show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nuala/172538141/in/set-1194745/

A little out of her depth but a really good experience.

debbielinder

Visit site
if shes only 5ft3 now she'll be fine for life im 5ft6 and a size 14 my horse is 15.1 although i fair bit chunkier than that one i think shes lovely looked at that myself while browsing on horsemart. the only thing that would slightly put me off is the weaving but i would put up with it if its the right horse! they cant be purfect

sorona

Visit site
Sounds very nice, good price too. If she is as good as she sounds on paper then i think you might have a good one. My daugther is 5ft 6 and rides a 14.2h LW NF pony and looks great on him and will never outgrow him, he jumps over 4ft and does everything, she also rides my 15.2 and looks great on him and will be getting a 16.1 and no doubt will look just as good on her so she wont outgrow the 15.1 at all. I think too many people buy horses far bigger than they actually need for general riding. Hope it all goes well x

amage

Visit site
Nice looking mare but i'd be a wee bit suspicious as to why she's so cheap. she seems to have done an awful lot which her price doesn't reflect.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
...am I the only person who doesn't think that this horse is too cheap????
blush.gif

I think that it's priced accordingly - I feel that too many people overprice their horses (especially the ones with *coughs* "potential"!!!)
wink.gif
I think that it looks like a nice horse - (a bit "up-and-back" in the top side-saddle pic) but looks lovely ridden astride)
Kate x

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
Thanks everyone - we have pretty much decided to buy her - vetting allowing - and also allowing that no one else gets there first.

We have told the owners that we would like to buy subject to vetting and will organise vetting tomorrow.