What does part loan mean to you?

HashRouge

Visit site
When we were kids, a lot of my friends had part loans of 2-4 days a week. The term share was never used around here.
Same. Share seems to have replaced part-loan, which is what we used to describe the same thing when I was a kid.

As other posters have said, you can't just do what you want when sharing and it will depend on the owner. Their horse, their rules. Some owners are more relaxed than others, so if you are finding your owner's rules too restrictive, it may not be the share for you.

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
Hi, as the title say what does part loan actually mean to people? In my opinion you get to pay a certain amount each month and get full use of horse to do as you please with the horse on your agreed days, am I right? Or do you ride the horse how the owner wants it to be ridden to a certain training program, and the owner chips in every time saying do this, do that, ride it this way etc. with the rider feeling like a groom!!!
Ultimately it is up to the owner what they want. If something goes wrong with the horse they’ll be the one caring and paying the bills. Or if they way they’re ridden impacts on performance they need to say something and the horse ridden in a different way. A horse needs variety so there should be guidance on what the sharer / part loaner can do. Probably best to have a chat to the owner to see if you can find something that works for both of you.