What exactly is in Super Codlivine?

samp

Visit site
I believe it is a cod liver oil supplement with extra ingredients for healthy maintainanceof joints etc

TGM

Visit site
There are many products in the Super Codlivine range, but if you are referring to the Super Codlivine supplement (which I presume was the original product) it is a broad spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement with added cod liver oil. So no point feeding it with a balancer as that also acts as a broad spectrum vit/min supplement.

hannah1982

Visit site
Actually feed balancers aren't broad spectrum. They are designed to balance an incomplete ration, for example if you were feeding below the manufacturers recomended rate of Cool Mix you would top up the vuts and mins with a balancer like Gro 'N Win.

Balancers don't contain a complete daily does of vits and mins so maybe you should just feed a supplement like Equivite instead of the balancer - works out cheaper!

hannah1982

Visit site
I know it's confusing! Must be how feed balancers make their money!

Maybe you should ring the manufacturers care line and they could help?

TGM

Visit site
Well TopSpec claims:

"When TopSpec Feed Balancer is fed there is therefore usually no need to add any further supplements, other than salt or electrolytes for sweating horses."

and I'm sure most other balancer manufacturers would claim the same!

But, yes you are right that if you just want to supply vits and mins then a broad spectrum supplement is fine. Balancers are more than that though and usually contain protein, probiotics etc, as well as a full range of vits/mins.

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Why?Do you work for Equivite
tongue.gif
wink.gif

TGM

Visit site
Nope - and I don't use it either! In fact, I don't use a balancer at all, as a broad spectrum supplement is all I need for my horses.