what has happened...….?!

hihosilver

Visit site
to the flies! we have none. I am ready with my new fly rug and mask and expensive fly repellent! but there isn't any. It June and we are hacking without horse flies.
Hope this lasts!

Reactions: DD

Mule

Visit site
to the flies! we have none. I am ready with my new fly rug and mask and expensive fly repellent! but there isn't any. It June and we are hacking without horse flies.
Hope this lasts!
Good point. I've none either🤔

J&S

Visit site
We have none here either, they came out when we got the first rays of sun and since then hardly any. Not complaining!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
None here either no horse flies and not many regular ones, no fly rugs or masks needed at the moment.

Mind you it was really wet most of the day and very windy so not that warm today.

BBP

Visit site
We don’t tend to see them til the hay is cut, so a few more weeks I reckon.

hihosilver

Visit site
hmmm! I just remember how horrendous they were last year from May. Even when we had a few warm days nothing!!!! strange...…!

Goldenstar

Visit site
No horse flies here yet , but it’s raining today and I expect as soon as the sun comes out they will be here .
I stable my horses during the day so they get relief .

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I am on my second (personal not horse) horse fly bite, but I agree that there are not as many.

It has not been really warm yet, nor has anyone cut any hay.

I just spent £82 on a fly trap, fly spray, fly glue and we already have the rugs - I will be ready for them!

scats

Visit site
It’s usually end of June and July that they are bad here for horseflies. Saying that, our flies in general haven’t been as bad here this year, though we have had a few midgie types about.
You’d think it was winter here today- pouring down and windy. I’ve put the heating on it’s so cold.