What has happened to searching old threads?

Micky

Visit site
I was trying to look up an old thread today (after H&H updated their site on Thursday..) and it comes up with nothing.! Doesn’t matter what I type, no results! What have they upgraded? Am I being thicker than normal? Lol....

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
You can't.... have raised this in forum feed back section.
You can manually get old threads by just going back in each part of the forum, but not any by search function. Which is pretty useless really.....😞

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I just tried a search on the word "Saddle" and it came back with a page of results, sadly all from when the new platform started.

If we lose the search function from historic posts it would be a real shame as it was a valuable resource. It was also how I found HH forum, from Googling something and this forum came up high in the results.

Ellietotz

Visit site
I was going to post about this. I can't go back to any old posts and all of the useful information when googling, you can't see anything anymore. I don't like it. :(

Ellietotz

Visit site
Oh, I figured out how to find my old posts but can't see others when googling. You can click on 'find threads' and select ones you have posted!

scats

Visit site
This upsets me too! I found the ability to search old threads invaluable, such a treasure trove of information on pretty much anything. Would be a real shame to lose that

This. I regularly googled questions and the forum always came up in the search results- invaluable, with years worth of knowledge and experience.
Such a shame.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
This upsets me too! I found the ability to search old threads invaluable, such a treasure trove of information on pretty much anything. Would be a real shame to lose that

So much will be lost. I frequently ask the HHO threads questions and am always finding information.

I will never be one of those “who has forgotten more than others will ever know” so HHO was extremely useful.

Junebug44

Visit site
Yes, it's shame about Googling to them too. Unless people are willing to answer the same questions over again there will be a lot lost! I"ve ended up looking at a USA forum instead this week.

LeneHorse

Visit site
oh no is the search function no more? I found it useful for finding info about other people's experiences of medical conditions, injuries etc.

exracehorse

Visit site
Same. I often google a query. Old posts come up and I can read the answers instead of posting a new one. But can’t go on anyone of them

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
TFC has replied on another thread about this.

'The site indexing is currently only available for more recent posts, however full indexing and searching will be available once other more critical issues have been addressed. The forum has in excess of 10m posts, building the index may take some time.'

Visit site
Glad not just me! I've just had to start a new thread as can see on search results that others have posted about same topic in past but am not unable to see those posts. :(

NooNoo59

Visit site
Thought I was losing the plot. Very useful tool please admin get it back.on track. Think of all that advice being lost!

Junebug44

Visit site
Yes, I dont understand why the Google results are now inacessible. It surely will take forever to archive so many old posts in a new format. I also missed the other threads I think, but can someone tell me why these changes have been made to the site?? "If it ain't broke, don"t fix it," and all that!