what has he done to my horses hoof!?

lovecharles

Visit site
bloody good job he's coming to sort it first thing tomorrow.
mad.gif

i didn't even notice till today when I picked out his feet! (were done yesterday). feel silly and guilty
blush.gif

CIMG1464.jpg

CIMG1465.jpg

CIMG1466.jpg

TS_

Visit site
I'd cancel your farrier coming out and get someone else. Seriously if he comes out tomorrow to sort it don't use him again. That's terrible.

lovecharles

Visit site
the actual guy is fab, had him for years, but he bought his apprentices. he (and I) should have checked them. the other three and absaloutely fantastic. lovely job. made a right cock up on that though.

Crazy_Caz

Visit site
OMG!! thats disgusting.... I thought apprentices were not allowed to shoe horses..? If that was me I would be having a very stern word with the farrier....I would demand the shoeing was done for free.... no excuse for that at all....
frown.gif

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
I would be furious!.....i know you are

I may be being thick but I cant see anywhere on the foot where the clips would be or where the foot has been prepared for clips? Has he put on the shoe and forgot to bang clips in?

lovecharles

Visit site
well he prehaps isn't an apprentice, but he still needed guidence from head bloke.

brighteyes - i wasn't sure what to do. looking closely at it, it has not punctured and he is not at all lame.

TS_

Visit site
I'd make sure you check all of the other feet have clips on, and have correctly been fitted with them etc. As that shoe doesn't appear to have any clips on and I cant see why a farrier would carry around odd shoes without clips on and only use one on a horse
crazy.gif

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
He looks like he's literally pinned a flippin' sign to a piece of wood! He must've just got any random shoe and plonked it on, roughly bashed it in , maybe with his eyes crossed..and then left it . No filing, no nothing.

Ibiot!

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
yep thats it my horse has side clips on fronts and back but usually they are central on the fronts and two side ones on the back. Stops the shoe from slipping back (and probably does more than just that!)

lovecharles

Visit site
all three feet are very well done, neat, right on the hoof, very good job. just this one has gone wrong.
all shoes have clips on (if i'm thinking of the right thing)

lovecharles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He looks like he's literally pinned a flippin' sign to a piece of wood! He must've just got any random shoe and plonked it on, roughly bashed it in , maybe with his eyes crossed..and then left it . No filing, no nothing.

Ibiot!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm starting to think maybe it has twisted in the field or something???

he was very thorough with sizing, tried differant ones on, and as i say the other three and perfect.

i don't know what happened.

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
on the top pic you would see in the centre of the hoof a groove that has been cut to accommodate the clip......and i cant?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was thinking this
confused.gif
crazy.gif

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
I wouldn't have said that has twisted in the field tbh, if it has been done well in the first place in a day it wouldn't have come that loose, and i can't even see a clip on it as said before. x

lovecharles

Visit site
:s yes i was. i feel so stupid.

right yes, no there is definatley a clip gap in the hoof, i was feeling it earlier - the photo is just an odd angle.