What has hitched a ride with your transport?

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I took son to his PC rally today. Had to check my lights as one of them was out so had a screwdriver to open the connections fully but it was a bulb that needed changing.

Got to the venue, went round the rear of my vehicle to discover the screwdriver still sitting on the bumper!! It had been down a very bumpy track and over speed bumps on the 40min journey. Good old thing! :D

silv

Visit site
A friend of mine drove all over the place and to numerous horse shows with a nest full of baby swallows in her trailer. They all thrived, grew up and flew away.

EventingMum

Visit site
When my son was tiny I used to pop him in his car seat and take his mucky wellies off - one day I drove along the road with a little pair of red wellies on the roof of the car. I must have put them there while I fastened up his car seat, fortunately they were still there 3 miles later!

meesha

Visit site
Went autumn trailing in horse van, parked on farm track, loaded up to come home and drove off to see Mr mouse running along my front windscreen wipers!!! Not sure if he came with me from yard or hitched at the farm!!

DirectorFury

Visit site
A friend of mine drove all over the place and to numerous horse shows with a nest full of baby swallows in her trailer. They all thrived, grew up and flew away.

Same here! We didn't go to many shows at the time but they used to come with us twice a month to get hay :).

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I stopped a small box at a comp last summer, they had driven across the field and were waiting to go out the gate.....
a very worried hefty cob was still tied to the back of the box! :eek3:

OMG!

nothing in the lorry, but when Groot was a kitten, he got into the back of my van with the dogs and I got all the way down the hill (about 3 miles) before I realised he was in the back.

Equi

Visit site
I was getting hay one time from a shed in the middle of a field, and had filled half the trailer then had to go to another shed to get the rest. The owners tiny pony decided the trailer was much fun, and stayed on while we went to the next shed and refused to get off. He was the cutest little welsh A and owner was very serious in saying "just take him with you, we don't want him" and i felt so sorry for him but couldn't take him with me. Wish i had though, cause he was adorable.

Fools Motto

Visit site
I've interrupted a family filling up at a station, with their headcollar and lead rope still tied to the back of their trailer... it had been swinging around during the duel carriageway journey prior to them stopping for fuel. I still don't know how the pony was secured while in the trailer! (they blamed it on the kids?!)
Driven down a bumpy track, going home from an event, and left my can of drink on the landrover rear bumper... it stayed in place all the way home!!

My old TB once loaded himself into someones lorry... he had rolled after finishing our event, and jumped up feeling like he was top dog, and I let go of him!! So he thought he'd either hide, show off or tell me that our trailer wasn't his style?! Made many people laugh, wish it had been caught on camera!!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I stopped a small box at a comp last summer, they had driven across the field and were waiting to go out the gate.....
a very worried hefty cob was still tied to the back of the box! :eek3:

Is that the fastest he'd been all day one wonders! :D

I've also taken the yard cat to my friend's house whilst dropping off manure. He was curled up in the child seat in the back!

FM, what a cheeky chap!

Last edited:

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
The horse box bumped over a sleeping policeman when I drove away from a lesson.

My instructor’s cat fell out of the Luton and landed behind me in an angry heap.

I jumped and nearly drove into the hedge.

Fortunately, I was on the driveway not on a road but it was still a bit of a shock.

asmp

Visit site
Not horsey but on Xmas day we drove to my parents two hours away only for me to find my husband's golf Garmin (size of a mobile phone) draped over the tow bar. It had fAllen out when he packed the car and luckily it had a carabiner attached which had wedged on part of the tow bar.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I went to a dressage show with a friend. When we pulled up at the venue a mouse popped up on the windscreen in front of the steering wheel and peered in at us. I’m not sure if it just had a day trip or whether it had decided to permanently move house :D