What Have I Done This Time?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
The place is a bit empty here now that I am down to only two; Merlin, the Tobago yearling and Manny, the two year old; they're kept company by Piglet, a Cevin Z three year old that belongs to a friend but he's also for sale and will be going home before long anyway so I've been looking for a happy hacker for me. I've seen two, tried one but was still looking then quite by chance I saw someone of FB had a rescue available. :eek:

The result is the happy hacker's on hold and I've taken delivery of exactly the sort of pony I've been at pains to avoid ever since I started breeding!:eek: Her breeding is virtually unknown, believed to be by an Appaloosa (I don't like spotties normally!) out of a cob mare, a yearling, she's about 13 hands now so should make 14.2, possibly more. I know little more than that she was virtually dumped on friend a week ago along with another yearling that incredibly had a full set of shoes on and was a ride & drive pony! Poor little beggars. They have both put weight on very quickly so you can imagine how bad she was by the pic below.
She seems a sweetheart, almost in a trance, she's shell shocked but in just a few days she's started whickering when I go to her in the morning - but that's food related! Bless her, she only knew what hay was, it's been a slow job getting her to eat hard feed. It was a bit baptism by fire for her; arrived, had flu/tet jab in the evening and next day had a bath to clean off all the sores she had plus an Equest which she wasn't too bothered about. I've also grazed her in hand on the common until she can go out with the others in a few days. I've been out and bought her a fly rug as she has incredibly pink skin to go with her sores and underneath the brown fluff is a lovely blue roan trying to appear which makes a nice change from the standard bay I seem to have had for a few years.

Anyway, meet ??? Still no name, so suggestions welcome! I've come up with Opal, Mayzy, Blossom and Lily but nothing quite fits yet.

This is her straight off the trailer.

Photo0386.jpg

Photo0387.jpg

This was the next day after her bath.

Photo0389.jpg

Photo0391.jpg

Fools Motto

Visit site
Bless her. I'm sure she is thankful for a loving caring happy home.
She could be an Ash, Tilly or Tia. Or just simply Lucky.
All the very best with her.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Oh goodness, what a poor scrawny baby she is, and yet she has something about her. I'd go with Grace, Hope or maybe Honour. Good luck, and please keep us updated with her progress, I think you may have something lovely there. :) x

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Thanks for all your kind comments.

This was her yesterday in posh new rug! I'm not convinced there's much cob in there apart from her rather plain head with the poached egg eyes! Some great suggestions for names, please keep them coming; I keep talking to her and calling her a different one each time (she'll be such a confused young lady!) but nothing is jumping out at me except of all things, Spot - and I'm not doing that to her, at least I don't think I am!! Mike, I know what you mean as to me she is a Gypsy and if the world wasn't PC mad, she could be!

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
No good name suggestions I'm afraid, but what a lucky girl to have ended up with you!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
So much for the semi retirement then !! That is one lucky filly, landing with you will be the best thing that has happened to her so far.

The boys will love her, call her Crumpet.

Clodagh

Visit site
She is so pretty, and her eyes look happier already.
Do you think she is part standardbred? Will be a decent shaped pony when she is a grown up, I should think.
Lucky girl!

teabiscuit

Visit site
I think she'll be a cracker.
Posey, because she's working that rug like Cindy Crawford, and it rhymes with Rosie.