What have i let myself in for?!

Lill

Visit site
Am taking Blue to Trailblazers at Duckhurst Sunday to do .85 and .95 and have just offered to jump my friends new 17.1hh WB - Monty.... all fine you say.... BUT i've only ridden him once and when i watched my friend jump him at home in a snaffle he was rather 'forward going' and took off miles away from the jump!!
shocked.gif
When we got him they gave us a pelham to jump him in so think i will try with that and hope for the best
crazy.gif
wish me luck!!
crazy.gif

squid35

Visit site
hee hee

im sure you will be fine. i once had a simular experience. a friend had a 16.2 coloured and she had never seen a jump let alone a coloured one! we took he schooling (with me on her) jumped a few coloured jumps and took her te the trialblazers the next day, silly as it may seem it payed off and he popped round with a lovely clear!

if i can do it im sure you can! good luck!

Lill

Visit site
To be honest i think i'm just being a wimp as i used to do it all the time i'd get to Duckhurst they'd go 'you can jump that one today' and i'd just get on and do it!

But that was a while ago and i've got used to a select few horses now and 17.1hh is slightly larger than i'm used to!! La la la lets just hope the pelham (as recommended by previous owners before anyone jumps on me!) provides me with adequate control!
smirk.gif