What have you/are you spending your sunday doing?:-)

ed&arch

Visit site
Random post really but what are you spending your sunday doing?

My day-
Got up around 8:00 skipped out, loaded the two neddies up and went to the local cross country and showjumping place which is to hire, and hired out the arena to start jumping! Was great fun, mum treated the neddies to a hay net full with carrots, and me with a good old sausage butty! Really pleased with the neddies, now just sitting down watching all six hours of the cross country stage of the eventing at London 2012 (again!) in front of the log fire. mmmm, bliss!
Just thought I'd add a little picture of my boy, in the beautiful sunshine, at around 10:30am
SC20121014-113332.jpg

JustAnotherNeddy

Visit site
I'm currently sat in the cinema at hull waiting for Madagascar 3 to begin after having a lush lie in. Wish I'd been xc schooling this morning though!

lhotse

Visit site
My day started with putting the ponies out as the sun was coming up with big piles of hay to eat as the grass was still frosty. Then I went on an amazing 9 mile run with my running club around the Cotswold villages of Nettleton and West Kington. The views across the misty fields were amazing, and the company was great too. The it was back to the stables, finish up there and am now about to take the dog for a walk. Not riding today as went out for 2 and a half hours yesterday so horsey is having a day in the field. Now have a week off work too!!

Nannon

Visit site
Got up at half 6 and came to work for 8... Will be here til 8pm and can't leave the department and we have one window where I can see blue sky :( would love to be out there riding!

Emilieu

Visit site
What a lovely day :)
It's the start of my week off so the girls at my yard turned out for me so I could have a long lie. I had chocolate torte for breakfast and then I spent my afternoon doing this

IMAG1762.jpg

We managed past the golf course and the fife a side pitches without doing our 'I'm a remorse/ giraffe' impression so I'm calling today a triumph!

Nicnac

Visit site
A haynet full of carrots - lucky ponies! I am waiting for the vet for ex-racer but watched daughter jump my youngster this morning. Lovely sunshine today!

WetandMuddy

Visit site
I have just finished putting another half-dozen items on Ebay. All horsey, most of which I haven't used for at least five years. I am making myself some good money here. I am putting a few items on each week. Great fun.

showpony

Visit site
Spent the morning cleaning the house:( and running around after my 2 crazy kids!
Did the grocery shop, got kids stuff ready for school for the wk...

Taking a coffee break now, hense am online - looking up stable rugs as my Mare who has been living out 24 7 is being put on full Livery on Tuesday - yay....

Off up to yard after dinner with a friend - can't think of a better way to spend a sunday evening!

partypremier

Visit site
Been to an olympic trivia maize maze.
Had to find way through a maze finding answers to olympic trivia (1st prize £100).
Found all answers was great fun.
They also had a huge pumpkin field & allsorts of halloween related stuff going on.
And as it was near 2 of the biggest US airbases in UK it was full of Americans "having a nice day".
They were buying pumpkins by the barrowful, no really.... they go crazy for halloween.
I munched though Pumpkin pie & hot doughnuts, sorry now drooling like Homer....

It was a good fun my boys loved it & the weather was lovely & sunny.

MrsHutt

Visit site
Poorly! Feet up on sofa!!

Really cross, as today was such a beautiful day and friend was due over to ride out with us this morning. But I felt so absolutely *****ty that I couldn't make it! (Nasty stomach thing that's going about) It was fun having my lesson yesterday :p - every bump of the trot jarred through me like being kicked!!

Nudibranch

Visit site
Sat indoors with a trapped nerve :-(

At least it's pouring down so I wouldn't be doing much outside anyway. Yesterday was a gorgeous day so got a lot done outdoors before my shoulder packed in at about 2 this morning! Anyway I can get some internet shopping done. Turnout rugs and a new waterproof coat for myself being the order of the day.

Epona78

Visit site
You don't know how much I envy you horse-owning lot, to just wake up on a gorgeous autumn sunday and think, I'll go on a long hack. I'd give anything to be mucking about with a horse right now, even shovelling poo has an appeal when you're horse-less!! Ah well, one day hopefully soon, keep on saving... beautiful horses BTW!

Lissa

Visit site
Woke up late, got to yard friend had brought pony in managed to plait very quickly and went off to dressage comp. Pony was fab to warm up and in tests got a 3rd in his second ever prelim and 65% in the other one. Then back to yard chucked pony back out and came home to relax.

Madam Min

Visit site
Got up really early in order to take our youngster to her first ever jumping comp, get to yard, wagon loaded, horsey all ready and epic fail.....wagon wont start due to cold weather so horsey all dressed up and nowhere to go! :(

Anyway was at yard so rode as was nice and quiet and my little mare who'd been a bit stiff in the week seemed much better so that was positive as was beginning to panic bout her! :(

Came home and as weather nice went for a long walk with OH, stopped off in the park for ice cream and came home.

Tonight=red wine and Downton Abbey! :D

browbrow

Visit site
Got up for the early morning swim at local baths - did 40 lengths. The went to yard, rode the youngster out in freezing temperatures, with blue skies full of soft clouds tinged with lilac. Leaves fallen softly from the trees leaving a carpet of red and gold. Four year old, black coat shining like polished ebony, ears forward, occasionally flicking back to the sound of my beyonce impersonation. Horsey jobs done, hot chocolate from local cafe fully loaded with flake and cream, two hours kip on sofa. Back out to walk the dogs and will be back at hard in the next hour to school the olde horse - she better be good - the youngster is just proving too special!!!!

Batgirl

Visit site
I have been at Yorkshire Riding Centre doing dressage with the giant ginger one, we did our very first Novice test which I was mega chuffed with as we did all the right bits in all the right places but don't know my score yet :D

Now watching Ice Age on the sofa drooling at the smell of the roast in the oven :D

Visit site
Up at 6.30am to feed my crew. To work for 7.30am, fed, walkered, brushed and rugged up 56 horses (well me and 5 others lol!) And home for just after 3pm. Just grabbed a late lunch/snack whilst watching Mr Bean! And now I am about to head back out to muck out, bring in, feed, hay and water my lot before going back to work to hay and feed them all again! I wouldn't mind so much if I got to ride on a Sunday but my lot get Sunday's off and so do the horses at work - it makes Mondays very hard work for the bum!

CalllyH

Visit site
your day sounds amazing and your horse is gorgeous!!

Ive had a very quiet day, house is sparkly clean now which was well over due and did some washing etc. popped out to shops quickly and hoovered all the mud / straw out my car finally.

I am now very bored watching escape to the country and have a night of sofa and tv planned!

Bright_Spark

Visit site
On sofa cuddled up with dog, hot water bottle and blankets as am ill :(

Hubby been out at work all day (funny as was only meant to be a couple of hours :rolleyes:) and sorted horses out for me.

Daisy2

Visit site
Poo picked, rode with hubby walking the dog, ate foraged mushrooms:eek: but that was this morning so I should be ok, put some stuff on ebay that has been hanging around for ever, watched telly, back up field groomed the field ornament I mean maizie's companion, now on here and running a bath... Getting ready for Downton!

Suzie86

Visit site
Nothing :D did all my housework washing etc plus poo picking yesterday so today I had a bit of a lie in before a lovely ride and mucked out, took puppy for a nice sunny walk then came home and chilled out in front of the telly. Roast in the oven now, glass of wine in hand :D lovely lazy day

Echo24

Visit site
Had a lovely riding lesson and nearly bailed out the side door (my fault, lost my balance!) but managed to cling on and lovely 17.3hh neddy stood still for me to sort myself out! Then went to try a sweet pony but didn't feel she was right for me so this evening has been spent browsing horsemart and horse quest!