What have you forgotten to take to a show

humblepie

Visit site
Following on from the what to take - what have you left behind? I’ve managed to take entirely the wrong set of tack as in someone else’s. We had the same brow bands and it was vey early. Fortunately was close enough that someone drove over with my tack. On the staying away front - forgotten the milk which was serious as in lack of tea. On the same occasion forgot pillows and on first outing in current lorry on my own forgot the saucepan. Was wandering round showground in the dark trying to find someone to borrow one off to cook my pasta. And entirely missed a HOYs qualifier which I was convinced was the Sunday when it was the Saturday.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I have forgotten stirrups and leathers, and on another occasion my xc bridle (with no way I could control the horse in a snaffle!) luckily both times at a venue where people knew me well.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
A pony.... which was found by my (then) home groom, dressed and ready to go, tied in his stable .... I had left with 5 not 6 on the box before 5am, she came in at 7.
The days before mobiles.
I only discovered when we got to the champs, threw off everything, left the gang to get on with sorting the animals out and turned round for the 3hr drive back. Fortunately, his 1st class wasnt till the next day and we were there till the Sunday!

Visit site
I've forgotten my lead up boots and ended up leading up in my blue leopard print trainers ???

Another day, not long ago, I picked up my boots from the footwell of my car and chucked them in the truck. Went to put them on at the races only to discover one was my size 5 right foot. The other was my OH's size 11 right foot... luckily my trainers were black thay day!

silv

Visit site
Drove for 6 hours to a show, stayed overnight, etc, got in the ring and was asked for my height certificate which was still at home! was not allowed to compete, was mortified by my own stupidity. What a waste of time/money and effort.

Went to a competitive trail ride and forgot my bridle. Ended up riding in a halter, thankfully Mabel is easy so it was no big deal.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
On a non horse note, I have forgotten my business suit on my way to a meeting following a crack of dawn start, and arrived wearing fluorescent neon pink striped pyjamas. Embarrassing ?.

chaps89

Visit site
Horse wise forgot my hat for a dressage test one day. Severely hungover so it was a good job the owner was in charge as I’d have probably forgotten more than that left to my own devices.

Non-horsey, on my way to a job interview once and realised I’d left my proper shoes at home, I only had my stinky horse/yard trainers. I had to stop to buy some and was subsequently late to my interview. They weren’t impressed.

Visit site
I’ve turned up without hat and gloves, managed to borrow off strangers.

Also turned up to dressage clinic minus saddle. Wasn’t local or cheap. Had to do it bareback!

Thay would actually have been quite a good, inspiring lesson I would have thought! I wouldn't have minded doing it bareback. My legs might not have agreed in the following few days though ??

Roxylola

Visit site
I always forget something usually something I can do without though - white dressage square once but I found an OK black one to take instead. All competing bridles are kept in bags, owner packed the car for an event the night before and I never checked. We had a dressage bridle and jump bridle. Jump bridle has a universal, and the dressage bridle had my double bridle with only the curb bit as I had loaned the snaffle to someone to try. Best we could come up with was a soft rubber straight bar. Fortunately Charlie goes pretty ok in most things and stays pretty rational :D

dorsetladette

Visit site
I forgot my boots. I rummaged through the boot of my car and manged to find my daughters old yard jodhpur boots, a bit of instant polish and they were good to go. Unfortunately 2 sizes to small so I only did the ridden classes in them and showed in hand in my trainers.

If I'd been they on my own I would of forgone the championship as the thought of putting those boots back on made my eyes water, but my friend convinced me to go back in. The judges took a life time to decide and my feet were throbbing in my boots, but we came home with the championship rosette so was worth it in the end.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Have forgotten things like stirrups, girth and bridle before.
there are spares of each in the lorry now ;)

the bridle was frustrating, back in the eventing days, managed to borrow one off a friend there on the same day but her horse was an XF 18hh irish draft and mine was a cob size, so we did have to sort of wrap the bridle round her head a few times to get it sort of fitting :p

humblepie

Visit site
Drove for 6 hours to a show, stayed overnight, etc, got in the ring and was asked for my height certificate which was still at home! was not allowed to compete, was mortified by my own stupidity. What a waste of time/money and effort.

Oh Silv, eek - am paranoid about taking documents. Mislaid some passes one and spent forever looking for them then realised had already put them in the lorry.

Snowfilly

Visit site
Plaiting set for a heavy horse - someone had a spare set of flights and someone else had some spare tail bows but they were different colours so he was red and white on the front, and black and gold behind while I was wearing a blue tie and dark blue trousers.

He was bay with a LOT of white. We looked like a kid’s idea of a rave outfit.

eggs

Visit site
I once forgot my bridle but fortunately someone else from the yard arrived with it a bit later so I only missed my first class.

Some-one I knew who was grooming for a famous rider drove out from the yard with all the correct horses loaded onto the HGV only they had forgotten to put the ramp up.