What hoovers are best??!!

Tangaroo

Visit site
Just wondered which hoover you all use? My Dyson is hopeless and i am looking to buy something better. My mum has a Dyson and it is also hopeless so its not just mine. Need something powerful for picking up all the hay and shavings that get dragged through the house! Any ideas?
confused.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
(should be in the soapbox forum!)

anyway, I have been through LOADS of hoovers. Two kids, OH, me, 3 cats, pony, living in the country...all adds up!
I got a cheap hoover from Asda, i think it was about 20 quid. And it's fab! Okay, I go through a few bags, but the suction is excellent.
Other than that the vax hoovers are great and even better double as a carpet shampooer, and not as pricey as a dyson either.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
We've had Hoovers, Dyson, Goblin, none of them were any good for dog hair & shavings. We were very fortunate that a friend of our gave us a Kirby....these are incredible machines, they use them in hotels. I think they're over £1000 to buy though.....that's right it's not a typing error. As I say we were given it!
smile.gif
smirk.gif
grin.gif

Tangaroo

Visit site
Although i want a better one. I dont think we can run to £1000 for a hoover! A saddle maybe! But then which would be more important?

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Although i want a better one. I dont think we can run to £1000 for a hoover! A saddle maybe! But then which would be more important?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try and get hold of a second hand 'older' vax, they're really robust, industrial type. The new ones aren't much cop! I had an older one and it coped with everything I threw at it! Other than that, my dad has one of those wet and dry hoovers you get in DIY centres for hoovering up debris. It's really robust too. He's a farmer and uses it for cleaning out his 4x4. I think they're about 30 quid.

smallbutgreat

Visit site
Another vote for Miele.

We've had the Cat and Dog brand for several months now, and it is excellent at cleaning up hair and straw. Very powerful suction, and easy to take apart and clean out.

Much the best we've had.