What I found in my bag of Readigrass today

SpruceRI

Visit site
Yuk!

Grabbed a handful of the stuff out of the bag and with it came something squashed and furry. I think it was the back leg/hock of a rabbit - gross!!!

Both ends of the leg bones were snapped off and there was no dried blood to speak of.

Hopefully that means the creature was already dead when the Combine Harvester picked it up.

Eeeeekkkk!!

Fiagai

Visit site
Yuk!

Grabbed a handful of the stuff out of the bag and with it came something squashed and furry. I think it was the back leg/hock of a rabbit - gross!!!

Both ends of the leg bones were snapped off and there was no dried blood to speak of.

Hopefully that means the creature was already dead when the Combine Harvester picked it up.

Eeeeekkkk!!

Do be aware of the possibility of botulism caused by contamination with C. botulinum attributed to the presence of a cadaver (in this case - dead rabbit)

Contact the supplier - bring back the bag and ask at least for a replacement.

Natz88

Visit site
About a 2 years ago the YM was getting a bale of hay down & then came into the barn to see if I could move this bale that had the most horrendous smell as she couldn't do it & thought as at the time I was working for a pest contorl company I could do it. Well I did at it was disgusting have no clue what was in it, but def something dead :eek:

StormyMoments

Visit site
i keep finding bits of flint in my redi grass so its going back today. we once found a baby deer in a bale of hay :( and we have found tons of snakes :eek:

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Oh oh no I lie,
a few years ago I lost my phone when I was riding through the fields and spent a long time trying to find it but no luck but I got it back in a bale off hay later in the year. Big yard.... What was the chances off me getting that bale!!! Well I did. And it still had my red devil case on it.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'd be contacting Readigrass and asking for a refund.
What happened to their quality control?
There shouldn't be anything except grass in Readi-grass. Hay/lage and straw bales are different in that, after baling, no-one goes through them until the purchaser opens them.