What Insurance do you have? Full or third party?

What type of insurance cover do you have

• Total voters

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Evening all

I am just thinking about my insurance premium and wondering if I should just put the money to one side every month as a horse veterinary fund tbh. Anyway, I will ponder some more about it all and consider it carefully but just wondered what kind of percentage of people have full insurance, third party, or none.

Thanks in advance for sharing, any comments, general thoughts on the subject welcome :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have only BHS membership - and a horse fund specific bank account.

So, for equestrian activities I have 3rd party cover AND savings (no box to tick for that one ;) )

I have FC cover for the car & horsebox tho....... :p

Polos Mum

Visit site
I'm not sure many of us would have savings to cover a third party claim, the BHS limit is £20 million !!!!! I'm guessing that's not the amount most people have in savings.

To get sensible priced insurance I was looking at £500 excess, then a list of exclusions for older horse. My thinking was for £500 I could get a vet out to stitch up/ antibiotics a moment of field madness, I personally don't agree wil major surgery for older big horse and I have land to happily retire him to. So for me insurance not worth it (oh and I have some savings incase I change my mind on surgery in heat of the moment!!)

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I'm not sure many of us would have savings to cover a third party claim, the BHS limit is £20 million !!!!! I'm guessing that's not the amount most people have in savings.

Sorry, was not clear enough in my OP really. I was thinking about moving from full insurance to third party. So my poll is lacking really regards third party I suppose. I wondered who has savings for bills for fees outside of third party as that could be astronomical!

I am musing about keeping the third party and having money set aside for vet treatment, but am very much pondering the whole idea, and just interested in what others have...