What is an EquiChav?

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
Another of my silly questions I know. But what exactly is an EquiChav? I've heard them mentioned a few times and I am wondering if I might be one myself. I do like purple rugs and headcollars and I think someone once said that was an EquiChav trait. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks!!

vivhewe

Visit site
Equichav's are can be seen at shows wearing socks pulled up to their knees and trainers on with jods, have the latest sheepskin, pink or diamonte accessories and usually are around 10 years old. They are found riding 12.2hh ex-riding school ponies which they have accessorised with a dutch gag, flash noseband and running martingale, and their riders usually adorn spurs and a grumpy face.

Oh, and they can't ride for sh:t!

S_N

Visit site
My foal - he's wearing an almost burbary (sp?) check rug
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

kerrylou123

Visit site
"Equichav's are can be seen at shows wearing socks pulled up to their knees and trainers on with jods"

I do this all the time... its just how im comfortable but i wouldn't call myself a chav! And i just like to keep my legs warm with the long socks!

beh

Visit site
i have edited the following to suit me lol
tongue.gif

Equichav's are can be seen at shows wearing socks pulled up to their knees , have the diamonte accessories they have accessorised with a , flash noseband and running martingale, and their riders usually adorn spurs and a grumpy face.

but im not being grumpy just concentratung

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Unfortunately SN is correct....I AM an Equichav
frown.gif

Let us examine the facts:

[ QUOTE ]
Equichav's are can be seen at shows wearing socks pulled up to their knees and trainers on with jods,

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone in Argentina dresses like this for shows. I myself own a pair of knee high socks I plan to wear next season
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
have the latest sheepskin, pink or diamonte accessories

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem... when I was recently in the UK I bought PF a pink saddlecloth (and SN didn't stop me!!... although as I recall I think she tried!) I also bought a very, very nice diamante bridle which is unfortunately too big for PF...
When I arrived back here I bought her a f/s sheepskin numnah (it's soooooo pretty!- but also very comfy)
blush.gif
blush.gif

And a few minutes ago I bought her some bubble-gum pink tendon boots on eBay to match the saddlecloth. SN may never speak to me again!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and usually are around 10 years old. They are found riding 12.2hh ex-riding school ponies which they have accessorised with a dutch gag, flash noseband and running martingale, and their riders usually adorn spurs and a grumpy face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not 10 years old, nor riding a pony, but AM guilty of dutch gag (which PF adores and goes beautifully in) currently in drop noseband, have also got a running martingale.
I don't ride in spurs or with a whip, but am certainly guilty of having a grumpy face!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*splutter* Well... perhaps I'm NOT an equichav after all!!
grin.gif

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
Oh, I see now. I think I am a bit of an Equichav then 'cos I ride in a Dutch gag and I like pretty colours for Oliver. He has got a pink stable rug but it was only 'cos the tack shop had run out of every other colour in his size ..........honest!!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
That's how we all start; just a bit of colour here and there, a tiny bit of bling... before you know it you're an Equichav!!
grin.gif

Actually, as far as I'm aware I'll be the only person in Argentina with pink tendon boots and saddle cloth... so in fact consider myself to be a trendsetter!!

beh

Visit site
LOL the trinny and susanna (a.k.a papa frita and you) of the argentinian horsey world, does that make sense???????

MissDeMeena

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Equichav's are can be seen at shows wearing socks pulled up to their knees and trainers on.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's me
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
have the latest sheepskin.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's also me
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and usually are around 10 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, i guess i'm a little older than 10 now
grin.gif
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and their riders usually adorn spurs and a grumpy face.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess that can be me alot of the time too
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
not for me to deciede hehe
ooo.gif

Re. the sheepskin.. you're confusing 'chav' with 'bling'
Basically, the easiest way to differentiate between 'chav' and 'bling' is that 'chav' is cheap and 'bling' is expensive!!!

IluvCH

Visit site
"Equichav's are can be seen at shows wearing socks pulled up to their knees and trainers on with jods"

that was me today lol, tho I mostly do it to keep my legs warm... I did buy some lovely pink toggi socks yesterday hehe

I'm not quite an equi chav, I don't have much pink stuff I think I'm maybe more of a wanna be equi babe (once saw something about this in Pony hehe) with colour coordinated, posh over reach boots and joules clothes lol... or is that chav too :| as long as I'm an equi chav an not a regular chav I can handle it lol

Stella

Visit site
There are also adult equichavs. They wouldn't be seen dead in Hi Viz stuff no matter what road they are going on, they are often of the "I'll get on anything" brigade", but although they have remarkable sticking on ability, they are awful riders and have no concept of real 'good hands'. They are often heard to criticise the way others ride, manage their horses, dress etc. They often smoke on horseback and take pride in ocassionally telling of when they were riding out (hunting, fun ride etc) absolutely p****d or ars*h*l*ed as they might choose to say
shocked.gif

n.b. some of these attributes alone are not indicative of an adult equichav, one requires a profile
wink.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
'Equichavs' are the people at shows that walk around plastered in badly applied makeup in all the wrong colours, they buy CHEAP (!!!!) sheepskin and diamante tack and accessories and use very bad English (the word 'innit' springs to mind).
Most Equichavs also hav an attitude and think that they are the best thing thats happened to equestrianism since fluffy tendon boots.

Enfys

Visit site
dorothy.jpg

THIS is an equichav! I am PMSL over here at the show gear! Cannot get my head around it at all. When I start showing I will have to dress like this
blush.gif
blush.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
'Equichavs' are the people at shows that walk around plastered in badly applied makeup in all the wrong colours, they buy CHEAP (!!!!) sheepskin and diamante tack and accessories and use very bad English (the word 'innit' springs to mind).
Most Equichavs also hav an attitude and think that they are the best thing thats happened to equestrianism since fluffy tendon boots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo hoo! Definitely not me then
smile.gif
smile.gif
(although PF's bling was very reasonably priced
smile.gif
)

teapot

Visit site
You forgot the gold earrings and hair back into a pony tail only with their GPA hat & very loose chin strap

Oh wait, I've just desrcibed ellen whitaker

vivhewe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Re. the sheepskin.. you're confusing 'chav' with 'bling'
Basically, the easiest way to differentiate between 'chav' and 'bling' is that 'chav' is cheap and 'bling' is expensive!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ha! That is it exaclty - I forgot the difference between cheap and chic!
laugh.gif

I think to be an equichav you need everything above at the same time too!