What is Bowen Therapy?

shadowboy

Visit site
I have noticed that there is someone local to me who does bowen therapy. What is it, and can it be useful to a horse with no current illness or problems? I am intrigued as to what it does, its aims etc. Anyone know?

eventergirl87

Visit site
It all to do with muscle release me thinks
smile.gif

yup you can have a bowen therapest out to your horse even if there are no problems that you are aware of and they'll have a look over your horse for you
smile.gif

spaniel

Visit site
Bowen is an extremely gentle form of muscle release which horses seem to respond extremely well to. Its performed with very small gentle movements, each with a rest period in between, and these allow the muscles and other structures to soften and realign themselves.

Its very effective on people too and I have used Bowen therapists on myself and my horse for many years. I would be very surprised if a good therapist didnt find something that wasnt uite in the right place in any horse or person so purely as a relaxing treat it would be beneficial. IME it has cured debilitating and excruciating sciatica which I had suffered for many years and saved me from potentially dangerous surgery on my spine.

I cant praise it highly enough.

If you do a web search for Bowen you should find quite a bit about it. It was started in Australia by a man called Tom Bowen back in the early 1900s.

fizzer

Visit site
i know somebody who had been really ill for about 8 months, had all tests possible, kept feeling nausea couldnt beathe properly and other complications, doctors could find nothing, this person went to a bowen therapists and found a muscle that was growing the wrong way and was as hard as bone, within 6 wks this person had got their life back to near normal after several treatments, this person was a real none believer in complimentary therapies etc, but now cant praise the bowen therapist enough.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's a touch therapy, it's like energy release technique. Personally I think it's a load of rubbish but just my opinion!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried it?