What is going on?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Someone asked about Legrande her fantastic stallion in the Dun stallion thread and because she didn't instigate the thread and someone had asked for details of him, Lynn thought T & Cs allowed her to answer by either asking for a PM or sending a PM, not sure which. It's what we've always been told, we can answer if we've been asked but not start a thread which advertises your own stock which is pretty stupid for a breeding forum.
Some people are so petty it's untrue.

quirky

Visit site
Someone asked about Legrande her fantastic stallion in the Dun stallion thread and because she didn't instigate the thread and someone had asked for details of him, Lynn thought T & Cs allowed her to answer by either asking for a PM or sending a PM, not sure which. It's what we've always been told, we can answer if we've been asked but not start a thread which advertises your own stock which is pretty stupid for a breeding forum.
Some people are so petty it's untrue.

Wow, that takes the biscuit that does :(.

tillyd

Visit site
I've just had a warning for a harmless post I made earlier today asking if anyone had any grass livery suggestions for a youngster, in a certain geographical area. Which is a bit crazy as one of the big sources of support this forum offers is info on livery yards/trainers/you name it from those with local knowledge - the Stable Yard section is full of them! Surely the whole point of the forum is to offer support and advice and share knowledge?!

crellow4

Visit site
I'm not sure that's exactly what happened. I saw the reply from Lynn before the post was pulled. What was actually posted was almost a full page about her stallion, including photographs and results from the Futurity's. My personal view is that once the stallion suggestions have been made it should be left to the Poster to contact the stallion owner if they want to take that step.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
We are only going to go round in circles as this has happened so many times now over the past year. If you draw attention to something then it can be classed as advertising. I pointed this out on the thread about the no reserve at a sale (for some reason this has now gone). It was just an example nothing more, I really dont care it has no affect on my life. Next year if all goes well I will be advertising again, because I will be posting photos of the foal along with a mention of the sire. I thought that was the whole point of this forum to share this sort of information. Obviously there are some small minded petty individuals who dont agree. What I would say though is I just wonder if in some cases this has been a bit of tit for tat?

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Parkside got pulled for asking if anyone was going to an auction :eek:

This was posted while I was typing. If I had reported this thread I would have said so. I hope it was a case of admin nosing around here rather then someone else reporting it thereby causing trouble. I state this because I am sure there will be those that read my post thinking it was me. I can assure you I have enough lady balls to admit it this was the case.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I don't understand...in my 'ok small brain' if you report each other surely you will lose all the interesting stuff especially as the moderator seems a a tad strict....would live and let live not be a better strategy

You would hope so wouldn't you, but it is quiet obvious that is not the case. It points to it being personal as this/these person/s is letting other types of advertising go, or even comments on certain stallions. Small brains small lives.

seeingdouble

Visit site
What really bugs me is that some people ARE allowed to advertise and have admitted it!
There was in a post in the stable section about looking for livery, the member who owns *******.co.uk advertised his/her site... some members warned him/her you are not allowed to do that.... the member then said he/she had the all clear from HHO to advertise on here, they also have it in their signiture and get away with it!

Make sense of that one! - after all, H&H DO have a livery section in their classifieds and if yards can advertise for free, surely that may take advertisers away from H&H as isnt that the reason why stallion owners cannot post about their boys/stock? as it is deemed to take advertising from H&H??