what is it about your horse that makes your heart burst with love?

Queenbee

Visit site
Just thinking aabout the previous post... 'funny experiences in the show ring' I thought about mine and although it made a laughing stock of me i can still remember being so happy to be there on my horse who was soooo enthusiastic. It got me thinking about all the wonderful times that i have shared with horses past and present (some of which I would never dream of doing now!)

Cloud I used to go up to the geldings field (about 20 odd horses in a group of fields) pop headcollar on said pony and enloy a wonderful bareback ride around the fields, just him and me.

Pickles I used to just love going into his stable in the winter and folding back his rug, hopping on his back, tucking my feet up on his bum under the rug and then pulling the rug so that it covered us both and just cuddling in. I have been found asleep in this position!!!!

Ebony She is the most sensitive little diva, whenever something is wrong my heart fills with love and pride because she always somehow manages to tell me and stands like a lamb for vets etc... because she knows she is being helped. I love to try and teach her something, if she doesn't get it straight away she gets so frustrated but then it clicks and all she wants to do is show you that she understands and can do said task (she won't let you do anything else until she has shown you!)

Shantia Is more like a dog than a horse! before I had her she had a lot of 'natural horsemanship' work done to her, which in fairness suits her really well. She comes to me in the field (that in itself is wonderful to me) both pickles and ebony could and can be little gits! And she wants so much to get everything right, she follows me around the sandschool like a little lamb. Everytime i see how loving and trusting and willing she can be my heart busts.

Infact just looking at cloud, Pick's, Eb's and Shanti, often made/makes my heart want to burst. What does it for you?

Eira

Visit site
Her sense of humor
smirk.gif

n1163132392_30387489_1923843.jpg

golddustsara

Visit site
Your horses sound wonderful.

Paddy

I love him as he hasn't got a nasty bone in his body: he stands patiently at hunting, shows, for the vet and farrier. When I get to the yard he comes to the gate ready to be caught. He never even puts his ears back at any other horse and is the most trustworthy horse I've met. I don't think anyone has ever fallen off him. Ahhh swoon I want to cuddle him now and bury my head in his mane.

MrsElle

Visit site
I love how Ellie walks across the field to me when she has finished her feed for a chat and a cuddle. I love how she goes all dreamy and relaxed when my OH scratches her ears. Her old owner can’t believe how affectionate she is with us as she has always been a bit aloof before. It makes me smile when she bullies Chad out of the way because she wants first stroke.

Chad was very nervous when I got him a couple of months ago and just him letting me walk up to him and put a headcollar on him is a great improvement in him. Last night the farrier came and he wasn’t too sure of her, but she said as soon as I stroked him and talked to him he relaxed. Just knowing he trusts me now makes me so happy. He has also started to whinny at me when he sees me coming.

algy666

www.bebo.com
His big liquid brown eyes.
The fact he sticks his nose out of the stable for a kiss when I'm leaving.
When he begs for food by flapping his leg.
The soft bit at the side of his muzzle, between his lip and his nostril.
He has the most expressive face I've ever seen on a horse.
That he knows when I'm not feeling great.
His Roger Moore eyebrows.
His shoulder is just the right height to rest my head on.

grin.gif

IMG00210.jpg